00

Raganya hidup namun jiwanya setengah mati.

ԃ | 𝐢 | L | ҽ | ɱ | M | α 

Your affection is like sunshine peeking through the depth of cold ocean. It's warm and beautiful. Osial doesn't want to miss it at all. Being mighty and old, he is certain that he could protect the sun of his atlantis.

Yet here we are, he and you, facing each other. One is breathing and the other is just colours on canvas.

"Was it too much for you?"  Osial's face is calm, his eyes slightly twitching at the sight of your portrait. The painter perfectly captures your beauty and elegance on the expensive sheets. People who saw it might just appreciate the quality and the beauty of the paint, some might even try to decipher the meanings. But to Osial, it's just you, the closest Osial get to see the real you.

Person may come and leave in every lifes. Just as a person comes uninvited, they also leaves unpermitted. Osial thought he knows it better than anyone, and much to his unwillingness, you also left.

'Would you loves to receives some lesson from the journey of human history?'

That sentences rings in his head, every night, every day since your death. He admitted it left a hole in his heart. Waking up in the morning and sleeping at night doesn't feel comfortable anymore. Just a numbing feeling that eats him inside out.

'I want to rewrite the destiny written in this world, would you accompany me?'

He would. And rewrite destiny you did, at the cost of your life. His eyes then travels to the bottom left of the painting where the painter leave his mark.

Titian.

The only painter you ever allowed to paint you. How nostalgic, Osial still remembers how the man is shaking from both excitement and nervousness. You gently smiles and remind Titian to be calm as he continues on his sketch. Osial swears he could feel the man's happiness off the roof.

Now that he remembers, you also-

"Osial, you've stood there for 2 hours."

Osial silently sigh as he spin his head towards Rex Lapis, or Zhongli he named it.

"You would also do the same thing with Guizhong if she ever had a painting, Morax."

Zhongli shakes his head, "For the nth time please don't call me that."

Osial lets out a hearty laughs. "What's the matter? Were nothing but a myth now. You should accept that fact Zhongli." Osial patted the other man's shoulder.

Things are bound to change. Wangshu Inn is no longer there, when the inn was being dissambled, Zhongli saw sadness hidden beneath the golden eyes of Xiao.

Cerberus, being a loyal follower it is. Died shortly after your past. Leaving Phoenix and Hydra left to serve as Rome guardian.

Rome is just a past, written as a glorious and wealthy nation who defy the tyranny of people of the sky. Now that Celestia has fall, memories are slowly erased as history remain blurry as always.

"Still, it's odd to use a god's name from a myth nowadays."

"No one cares, Morax, no one." He replied, dry and cold.

Zhongli shakes his head before letting out a long draw sigh. "I'll leave once you leave."

"..."

"Try to move on. It's been 2000 years, that's my best advice to you, old friend." Zhongli whispers. The man he mentioned let out a snort, knowing too well that Zhongli's the one who never really let go. It's hidden too well under the wise mask of his.

"Hey look, isn't that painting looks beautiful?"

"Indeed, it stand out the most."

"If sister's here, she would've like it very much."

"Agreed."

Two boys, seeming related to each other. Stopped on their track as they saw the painting. One of them step closer, standing beside Osial.

"Don't touch it." Osial said as the boy hand about to reach the painting infront them.

"Aw man."

"You can't touch something historical like this, especially in a museum. You should've known." Zhongli scolds in a polite manner.

"Yes, yes. You got a point sir, my apologize."

"There you are. Kazu, Tomo." A feminine and familiar voice ringed.

Both Osial and Zhongli eyes widen when they hear the voice. A voice they thought has long gone appeared once again. They spin their head, finding a young woman, in her mid twenty's walking toward the two boys.

"I've told you not to wander without me."

"Tomo forced me to do it Nee-san."

"Kazu I thought- Ouch! Sorry, sorry!"

You scoff as you run your finger through your hair. You just leave them for 2 minutes and they're gone. "I should've leave you two home earlier."

"Ehh, we didn't wander too far."

"You've got nothing to talk here young man. Go back to our car and wait for me."

"Aw." Both of them obediently do what you've told. You shift your head towards Osial and Zhongli, giving them a silent nod, a small gesture of saying sorry for the commotion before turning your back and walk away.

Zhongli, feeling astonished, impulsively tried to hold your hand. His attempt about to succeed but Osial grab his hand from reaching you.

"Don't." Osial whispered as he glares at the man.

It's you, the real you. But definitely not the Lord of the sky you are once.

That look on your face, your expression. He knows it too well and it hurts when you feel it without him.

You are happy, happier than ever. Not the blue expression of someone whose lived too long. Just a smile from a warm-hearted and hard-working ordinary girl.

He's enough with that. He'll protect you, let you live a long life, and die peacefully surrounded by those you love. Yet his heart is yearning to be by your side. Tell, if he kill himself here and right now. Would there be a chance to reborn and meet you?

In that life, let's not meet with destruction and violence. Let's meet in an ordinary circumstances, in library, in school, whatever.

Let him embrace you and your warmth. So he could protect you once again, his Atlantis.

A/N: I'm not going to continue this story anymore, life is getting hard each day.

I admitted this story has so many flaws and outdated meme. This story is just a simple courages I took to challenge myself writing in English. I never expect to hit 10k votes yet here we are.

Nevertheless, thank you for all readers who's willing to spare their time reading this book. It's been a pleasure.

Side note:
I'm writing Y/N in this story as a part of myself and Osial as someone who I wish to find in a partner. Dear reader might've guessed that I'm biased towards Osial and maybe a history nerd. Well, that's true.

Once again, Thank you for reading this story and I apologize for not continuing.

🎉 You've finished reading [✓] 𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐀 || 𝔾𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟 𝕏 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 🎉