13|| Studying with Hermione

The Exams had started. Students were always seen in the Library studying which was funny seeing how it was empty most of the time all year around.

Jennie was one of the students who were always in the Library, whether alone or with Friends. She was always there. Just like she was right now, studying for the next Exam, which was Charms.

She had found herself a Table away from people where she could sit in silence and read her book. She was so engrossed in the book that she didn't notice someone was standing in front of her.

The person suddenly cleared their throat, snapping jennie's attention from the book. She looked up to see Hermione Granger with books in her hand, standing in front of her nervously.

"Can I sit here? There are no empty seats anywhere. I promise to not disturb you," Hermione said politely with a smile.

Jennie considered for A Second before smiling and nodding for her to sit.

The Griffindor silently mumbled a 'thank you' before sitting down and opening her books.

They continued to sit in silence for Half an hour before the Slytherin girl got bored.

She closed her book and looked up to see Hermione was scribbling down something, which she assumed were notes from the Book she was reading.

She admired how pretty she was looking, she zoned out looking at her.

" You know it's rude to stare," Hermione said with an Amused smile.

Jennie blushed as she had gotten caught staring at her.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to stare. I think this book is just really boring, I zoned out, I'm sor-" Her rambling got interrupted by Hermione who had started laughing.

The black girl realized that she was laughing good heartedly and joined in with the laughter that erupted from with in her.

After that Minutes turned into Hours. Books, quills and parchment had been left on the table and The girls had spent the whole time talking to each other, getting to know about each other.

They had talked about anything and Everything. About their friends, classes, Teachers and even Buckbeak.

Hermione was the one to notice that it was time for Dinner and that meant they had to leave and go to the Great hall.

"Would you like to go together?" Hermione asked collecting her things.

Jennie declined, she made an excuse saying she had to go to her dorm and keep her things, change clothes. A load of crap, really.

Hermione bought it though, jennie didn't want to lie to her, she had enjoyed the company of the Griffindor girl for the past two hours or so. But she couldn't tell the truth.

She took longer to collect her things so that Hermione left before, without her.

She had something else to do in the Library while there were no students. Everyone was in The Great Hall and it was the perfect time.

She had to go to the Restricted section to know more about those vague dreams. What if they were real?

She wanted to believe her Intuition badly but she needed to know more.

She entered the Restricted section stealthily, making sure there was no one not even the Old Librarian lady. To her luck nobody was there.

There were so many shelves, where would she be able to find it?
She started to read the labels above the shelves.

History of magic?
No not this one.
Dark magic?
No not that one either.
Dangerous Beasts and creatures? No.
Abilities in Wizards?
This could be it, perhaps?

Maybe there could be a specific book if there was A Divination section but she couldn't find anything of that sort.

She searched for a book that could help her and she found one that she thought may help her. The book was called,
"The History of Seers: Reality or Imagination?"

Maybe this book could have the answers to her Questions.

Were those dreams real? If they were..she needed to do everything to make sure that it was exactly like her vision when she met Sirius Black, or else something could go seriously wrong.

Especially with Hundreds of Dementors who were ready to make Sirius Black into nothing but a shell of himself with their Kiss.

She got out of the Restricted section and kept the book carefully in the bag. After calmly getting out of the Library as held on to her excitement, she made a dash towards her Common room.

She wanted to know. She needed to know. If she was like her Mother or not.

Author's Note:-

Hii everyone, This story was not being written for like 2 years. Like I don't know mann I didn't feel like writing, there was something always bothering me when I had been trying to write In this gap, It's like I had no motivation what so ever to continue.

But what's better inspiration than A heartbreak to write. Am I right?

*Cricket noises*

Yeah I know that I don't even know how to make a joke. But I hope you'll like the Banter that will come up in the next chapter.

Anyways this was the first chapter after 2 years, the ones before were edited and posted this one is just on the spot shit. It's a filler chapter. But I hope you'll like the one after this.

Written on:- 9th May 2023

Dum spiro spero● (Latin phrase)
While I Breathe, I Hope.

907 words

Jennie♡