Chapter 1 |

John would say he is an average person, an average person with some minor obsessions. His first obsession was with games, he loved playing any games, card games being his favorite of them, he loved: watching them, talking about them, he loved almost everything and anything to do with cards and games. His second obsession was gentlemen thieves; since he was young he loved reading manga, watching anime and cartoons about these phantom thieves. His third obsession was magic, he loved the concept of magic, how it made other people happy and at the same time make his heart feel so fuzzy and warm. 

John walked inside his favorite store, an old shop with several antiques, miscellaneous items, and what he really went there for, cards and games. 

The shop was just as anyone would expect it to be, it was covered in brown wooden shelves giving it a cozy and familiar vibe, the shop was filled with small cabinets and stands with several different items inside, items which varied from games to sword replicas. 

"Ah, John, how nice it is to see you again!" said the man inside the shop said. The man inside the shop was old, around his sixties or seventies, he had what John liked to call the sweetest old man smile he had ever seen. 

"Good afternoon!" greeted John, walking to the counter and looking at the glass counter below him. 

"Are you looking for the Yu-Gi-Oh booster packs again?" questioned the man on the other side of the counter with a bright smile on his face. 

John stared at him and nodded, "Yea," said John with a frown on his face, "Did'ya run out of boosters?" he asked, staring at an empty box belonging to the booster packs John usually bought from. The old man chuckled, making John look up from the glass counter.

"Don't worry John, I'll always save some cards for you," said the old man looking on the inside of his jacket and taking out three small booster packs of five cards. Jonh's eyes lit up as he got up.

"You should probably move on to another pack John," said the old ma with a smile, "They aren't producing these packs as much as they used to." said the old man with a laugh as John placed the money on the counter. 

"Only if I get the card on the cover," answered John, opening the packs and anxiously looking through the cards. This was the most anxiety-inducing part in his opinion. He looked through the cards and got lucky with a few, getting an Odd-Eyes Pendulum dragon was always good in his opinion. 

After opening the first two he took the last one and took a deep breath. 

"Here I go," said John, opening the card pack and looking through it, "Chronograph Sorcerer, nice," he said, putting that card on the bottom of the small deck of fifteen cards he had on his hands, "Supreme King Darkwurm, not what I wanted, but I still have some cards here," he placed the card on top of the small pile of cards and looked at the next, "Time Pendulumgraph, darn it," he said, looking at the next card.

"Oh! an Odd-Eyes fusion spell card! I needed one of these!" said John, taking his backpack off and retrieving a small packet full of card sleeves. He placed the card inside the sleeve and then placed it inside a small box in his backpack.

"The last card," He said with a sigh, he took the card and looked at it with great excitement. 

"Well, did you get it?" questioned the store owner, but John didn't listen, he was intensely staring at the card in front of him like a kid looking at a big piece of candy. 

John put the card up and looked at it with a bright smile. "I got it!" he exclaimed, looking towards the man.

"I finally go it!" he yelled, taking a sleeve and putting the card inside.