Chapter 4 | Sports Club

~~~ 19/4 ~~~Sunny / Cloudy ~~~

[School]

Weird things happened in Inaba, Yuya suspected it had something to do with Yu Narukami, after all, not only did his aura seem full of possibility, but it also reeked of mystery with a hint of misery. The several disappearances happening all around were definitely not normal, in fact, Yuya knew them to be supernatural in nature. The amount of dark magic radiating from the two crime scenes was almost nauseating to the apprentice mage. 

Don't get him wrong, dark magic isn't inherently evil, dark magic is just a term used to describe magic coming from the realm of darkness, in other words, it's just magic coming from a dark source, just like light magic just comes from the realm of light. It was just that it was easier for dark magic to sway towards the evil side of the spectrum since lots of magicians used it in ancient rituals which required sacrifices.

Even Dark Magician was worried about the magic used ('Be weary Yuya, this is not the work of an amateur'). Yuya took his notes during class and then closed his notebook once he was done. 

~~~ 19/4 ~~~ Rainy/Cloudy ~~~

[After School]

He got up and instantly went towards the teacher's room to ask where he could find the different clubs.  Somehow though, he was met with discrimination due to his previous school being in the city... This Kinshiro Morooka was really annoying to the boy, he wasn't only discriminatory against people from the city like Yuya, he was also slightly sexist, and usually, Yuya would just ignore him, but he just pissed him off, ("What's a girly boy like you going to do in a sports club anyway?! HUH?! You'd be better in a sewing club or somethin'!").

His irritating face and beaver-like teeth didn't make things better for Yuya, the way he walked and hunched made Yuya both get pissed at him and pity him at the same time. Either way, he was so close to sending this teacher to the shadow realm.

"Oh, Fudo-san, you're also here," Yuya heard a familiar nearly monotone voice and turned around to see Yu Narukami, his main suspect of the current incidents, the aura around him suddenly spiked up one day along with the others he hangs around, Chie Satonaka and Yosuke Hanamura, the three of them suddenly got stronger auras around them one day and started to hang out with one another more often.

"Yea, I wanna join a sports club," Answered Yuya, turning back to the teacher who -- for some reason -- got angrier and started yelling at both of them about them only wanting fame and fangirls. 

Yuya immediately started questioning the teacher's intelligence. 

Once the annoying unexplained reprimanding was over, both Yu and Yuya walked towards the door separating them and the sports clubrooms.

"So, which club will you join Yuya?" asked Yu. Yuya turned his head and looked at the silver-haired boy.

"Soccer, how about you?" 

"Basketball"

The two looked at each other awkwardly before Yuya cleared his throat and then opened the wooden door leading outside. 

"Good luck," said Yuya, walking outside towards the soccer field.

"Likewise," said Yu.

The boy stopped and then looked at a small group of people.

"Oh! Yuya, have you come to join the club?" asked Daisuke, quickly getting in front of Yuya, who nodded. Daisuke was wearing the soccer club's uniform, which was a yellow and dark blue striped shirt with black shorts.