Chapter 3 | First day of school

~~~ 12/4 ~~~ Rainy/Cloudy ~~~

[Early Morning]

Yuya got up, ate, and then readied himself for his new school.

He spent the week he had exploring the town he was in and almost crying that it didn't have any places with Yu Gi Oh tournaments. Yuya heard the town was peaceful and small so he thought there would be more gatherings to play games and other things, but nope -- people spent time getting together gangs and revving up their bikes all night long, not giving him enough sleep and making him feel like life was drained out of him every morning. Other than that the town was quiet in the mornings and there were quite a bit of small shops selling things like booster packs -- something he enjoyed buying quite a bit.

Yuya took his jacket and got ready for school. He was wearing a white formal shirt under a black jacket sporting a checkered collar with a combination of a darker grey with the black, on that same collar, there was a pin with a two in it, showing his year in high school. He wore pants with the same shade as the jacket and formal shoes, of course, he also sported his golden goggles, he honestly liked wearing them quite a bit.

Normally he would wear the jacket as a cape-like Yuya did, mostly because he found it fun and it allowed him to do a lot of misdirection things with magic, today though, it was his first day of class, so he would wear his jacket as a normal person would. He had gotten used to the layout of the town and was confident in reaching the school in time.

As Yuya headed towards the school he saw two people get out of the Dojima residence.

"Oh! Mr.Fudo!" he heard a child say, he looked towards the child and smiled. Nanako Dojima was about the most mature and sweetest child Yuya had ever seen -- ever. With her brown hair tied into short pigtails and brown eyes filled with innocence but responsibility and her white turtleneck under a sleeveless pink dress, she truly looked like the sweetest child on earth... not to mention she practically takes care of Dojima and not the other way around... at least from what Yuya had seen. She did the dishes, washed the clothes, and even made breakfast -- sometimes Yuya wondered who was the parent in the relationship, but Mr.Dojima bringing money into the equation did erase that question on his mind.

"Good morning Nanako." greeted Yuya, looking at the person next to her. He was wearing the same uniform as him and in the same way as well, with the jacket open for the wind. The boy had silver hair and eyes, as well as a similar but different air around him as Mr.Dojima, in his case it was intimidating, but at the same time welcoming with a hint of mystery.

Yuya looked at his proximity with Nanako and then looked towards her house, seeing it was opened and on the entrance, there was an extra pair of slippers on the doorstep.

"Oh, my bad, I didn't know your cousin had arrived already," apologized Yuya, extending his hand, "I'm Yuya, nice to meet you." introduced Yuya. The boy nodded and took Yuya's handshake. The moment their hands touched each other Yuya felt a surge in energy.

'What was that?' questioned Yuya, looking at the person in front of him and seeing a black blur of an aura dance on the person's shoulders. 'An aura this strong and malleable? Honestly who the hell is this?' questioned Yuya, looking at Nanko and seeing her innocent white and flowery aura.

"My name is Yuya Fudo, I live right next to you, so if you want to ever come by to hang out just give me a call," said Yuya with a smile.

"Right... thanks," said the boy, looking at Yuya, "My name is Yu Narukami." introduced the mysterious boy, Yuya couldn't stop staring at his Yu's soul, it was so weirdly malleable it made Yuya question whether he was a reincarnator like him or if he had some supernatural abilities as well.