Chapter 7 | Naoto Shirogane

~~~ 16/05 ~~~Cloudy~~~

[Morning]

Yuya could tell there was something off today, he passed by the 2-2 class to grab a few papers the teacher had forgotten in it. He through the class and saw them: Yosuke Hanamura, the first person who had his aura intensified after meeting Yu Narukami.  Chie Satonaka, the second. Yukiko Amagi -- the girl that went missing and now had her aura intensified. Yuya found it extremely suspicious, and couldn't help staring at them as he grabbed the papers. His attention was on Yu Narukami -- his aura had grown exponentially. 

'Should he prove to be an enemy, he'll be dangerous,' Dark Magician seemed to have the same thought process as Yuya, who grabbed the papers and walked out of the room. He placed them on top of the teacher's desk and then leaned back in his seat. He grabbed his bag and opened the smallest pocket, inside was a deck of decorative cards. He placed them down and then shuffled, just like that, his nervousness was gone. 

He closed his eyes and thought, 'Four people with their aura enhanced,' Yuya hummed with a smile on his face, 'Should I start seriously looking into things now?' he couldn't help smiling while shuffling. The voices in the exterior got muffled by his thoughts. 

An unclear line of thought appeared in his mind, 'Yu Narukami is the suspect? Am I sure about that?' he questioned with a hum, "He appeared at the first death" Yuya whispered with a hum, 'Does he have a connection with the first death? Did he do it out of thrill?' Yuya questioned everything he knew, and he didn't seem to know much, 'Why does the latest victim stand by his side -- what makes her so different? All others went missing and were found dead the next few weeks.' The image was still blurry, but he was definitely getting closer. 

He opened his eyes and hummed, his eye looked at the clock on the wall, it was time to leave already, and yet, everyone was still quiet and not moving, as if frozen. Yuya looked forward and met pale blue eyes looking straight at him. 'Kanji Tatsumi,' Yuya recognized him from one of the recent news report talking about him. 

"I have questions for you," Kanji had his hands inside his pockets. Yuya's eyes darted across his body, trying to identify where he'd come from and what he might ask after. Then Yuya remembered what happened two days ago, in that rainy night. He nodded and then smiled. 

"Let's talk somewhere else," Yuya said, getting up from his desk. He put all of his materials inside his bag and then walked with Kanji outside the classroom, leading him to a corner with less people around. Yuya walked to behind the school, it seemed like the least inhabited portion of the place and people were less likely to overhear what they were going to talk about. "So, what do you wanna know?" Kanji looked stressed and quite nervous, Yuya picked up the  mood and smiled, tapping Kanji's shoulder, "Lighten up will you? You look like you're in a job interview"

Kanji sighed and nodded, "Yeah, thanks -- anyway man, did you do something to the bikers?" Kanji asked scratching the back of his neck, "You were the only other guy I saw other than the bikers themselves, the boss is an ass, but what happened to him was too much."

Yuya hummed, he also thought sending him to the shadow realm for annoying him was slightly excessive. "Don't know what you're talking about," Yuya chuckled scratching the back of his head while smiling. Keeping his poker face.

"Yeah, I figured, sorry for keeping you from practice senpai," Kanji said, turning around. Yuya hummed and smiled.

"You should join a sports club, it'll look good in your resume, and you're tall, I'd bet you'd do good in any club," Yuya was surprised by his height -- the first time they met each other he was still fatigued by the shadow duel so he hadn't noticed just how much taller he was. He was certain he'd do good in a club.