°•A Responsibility•°

-At Aurora's House-

Aurora's mom Floria was in the living room looking something in her phone.

"Well, that's a bad news" she stated heaving a long sigh massaging her temple. "Hope they won't accuse on us for that missing case "

*Ting Tong*

The bell rang.

She got up and made her way towards the main door and opened it.

"I'm back" Drew said stepping inside. He was in a bad mood by seeing the expression on his face.

"I see" Floria said following behind him.

Drew went straight into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and started drinking it. Floria leaned on the fridge beside him.
"Bad mood?" she spoke turning her head towards him.

He stared blankly at her with a irritated look on his face.
"You know the reason I suppose"

She sighed nodding her head.

"How is that even possible?!" He said banging the glass on the table and crossing his arms.

Floria's eyes widened as she glared at him," That poor innocent glass did nothing to you. So stop releasing your anger on it!"

He huffed and turned his head away from her.

She shaked her head closing her eyes. "You do know that project is not our responsibility anymore so we can just leave it"

"I do know that but I'm sure even you are worried about it. We did that together long ago putting everything we got into it." He said pulling the chair and sitting on it.

She nodded in agreement and spoke," Yes, I thought it was worth it too but" she paused pulling herself from the fridge.
"It drained in vain just from a little mistake."

He hummed in response.

"Meoww~"

Candy entered into the kitchen.
She jumped onto the table and sat in front of Drew and started cleaning herself.

They both shared a giggle at her cuteness.

"Right we started a new life here. We have our little energetic bunny and sweet Candy in our family." Floria spoke as she took steps forward to the table and petted the cute fur ball. A gentle smile was plastered on her face.

"Yeah, a wonderful & lovely mom and a genius & brave  dad too!" Drew claimed enthusiastically coming back to his usual cheerful self.

Floria chuckled as she spoke mockingly,"Yeah. You sure are one"

"Hey! What's funny about it huh?" He pouted like a 5-year-old.

She laughed further pinching his cheeks,"Cute like a kid too"

He chuckled along with her as he thought,'I swear to protect my amazing family from threats '

Candy smiled happily as she said? "Thank you"

How in the world did that cat speak?! It was a girlish small voice too!!!

"Wait- Did you just said thank you?" Drew asked Floria.
"Huh? Why would I?" She asked back

"Strange" he said looking at the cat for a moment after shrugging off casually.
Maybe he was hearing things...
Maybe?