Chapter 13 -- Missing Them

Blackbourne team POV

Its been 3 years since the day when we decided to leave behind our brother and the love of our life. 3 years since they made the worst decision of their life.

At first we were all stubborn, as we wanted to go through our decision even when a small part of us already knew we would regret that. And now we are regretting.

Even when we try not to show that on our face but all of us can see through each other's facade.

It was not the lack of trying. We tried to go through our days normally, but their was always something missing. We missed North's grunting, his anger, his concern, especially Luke and Silas, as they were the closest to North.

We knew that North was pissed at us for hurting Sang. We also knew that once we would apologize to both of them, they will slowly but surely forgive us. Sang's forgiveness means North's forgiveness.

We knew Sang, she would surely forgive but, will she forget? Will she ever trust us again? Will she give us a second chance? Will she love us again?

These were the questions that swam in our minds. We were ready to beg her for a second chance. We were even ready to wait for eternity for her. But right now we were still doing the mission.

The mission has already taken 3 years, but we have only stratched the surface. We had no idea how long would it take to be done.

We sometimes laugh at ourselves, thinking how big of an idiot we were. We couldn't even survive a few months without her, without them.

When we started the mission we were ready to date as we planned. We started dating the girls of Laura team, 3 months after the mission started. They knew about North and Sang, infact the whole academy knew about the fallout. It didn't take us long to realise that we were comparing them to Sang.

Though we had same interests as our partners, there were so spark, no connection and no attraction. It always felt like we were cheating on Sang. After 3 months of dating them, we finally brokeup. It was actually the girls who did so, they knew that we still loved Sang. While some of us accepted the fact, the others had egos. They were willing to date other girls.

That didn't last long, after few months they also accepted the truth. We truly loved Sang. But we did the biggest mistake of taking her for granted.

We still remember when somehow Victor was able to contact North through the burner phone. They were so happy to hear North's voice and to know how concerned he was. They also knew that Sang was with him when North told her to be careful.

We still remember how our breath hitched when we heard Sang's sweet voice after 2 years. We were ecastic to know that she was also worried about us, as we though that the hated us. We were ready to apologize her and tell her how much we missed her, but we were interupted when Chase told us that our girlfriends are waiting for us.

We knew that Sang and North heard that. We knew we were doomed. We were all crying when North angrily shouted at us. We wanted to explain but we couldn't.

The girlfriends waiting for us were actually just for the mission. The girls were suspicious of transporting drugs.

We knew at that time that we can do nothing while doing the mission. But we all were determined to make things right once we return back. Till then we would spent our days regretting, self-loathing and punishing ourselves for our decision.

At that moment we remembered North's last words..

" You are going to fucking regret this decision. Mark my fucking words. "
________________________________________

A/N

This chapter uses the name Sang as the Blackbourne team still don't know about her name change.

Also, due to my classes, I would be updating on weekends.

Happy reading 📚