Chapter 12

Eighteen

Kara rode with her brother to the restaurant where they'll be having a lunch. Kailangan nilang magmadali dahil dumating ang kanyang lola at lolo sa ama, quite rare, minsan lang ang mga ito bumisita, sa mga pili at importanteng okasyon lamang gaya ng kasal at patay. Sa birthday at kung anong social events ay malabo.

They were living in seclusion, nasa islang pag-aari nila, she had been there once and she liked it. Maganda, may beach at maraming puno.

Hindi na sila nabigyan ng pagkakataon ni Yusuf na mag-usap kanina dahil pagkababa niya ay wala na ito. Her brother told her na umuwi daw si Yusuf para magpalit, that gave her a sort of relief. Hindi niya pa alam kung paano niya kakausapin ito matapos ang halik na nangyari kanina.

Her checks unknowingly heated because of that, never in hell universe she had imagined that it would happen.

It's a vivid dream!

I'm getting crazy!

Yusuf!

She hooked her hand on her brother's arm nang makalabas sila ng sasakyan. People are watching them then will wispher.

"Men are gawking over you. You're so sexy." Her brother wisphered, natawa nalang siya tuloy.

Sexy maybe... the orange satin Bvlgari long sleeved mini dress is draping into her body. It has a tie knot detail on the waist. The a little deep plunging neck line is such a tease, kaya nga nakatingin sila. Her legs were on the display as it's hanging losely above her knee. She paired it with white Bvlgari flap bag and a rose gold Louboutin ankle strap pump.

"Mom left this to Therese."

"I know." He answered while opening the door for her.

Just as she expected, they are in a restaurant with private cabins, they entered one, the Arnaiz's and her family were there except for her, her brother, Yusuf and Dange.

Unang-una niyang nilapilan ang kanyang lolo at nagmano.

"Yeye..."

Her grand father was on his suit, so formal and he still looks good at 70. Sunod ay lumipat siya sa lola. The usual Queen Elizabeth look, a pair of pencil skirt and blouse, expensive set of jewelry and a Himalayan Birkin bag.

"Nainai..."

They are full Chinese ngunit parehong dito lumaki sa Pilipinas kaya naman ang sinusunod nitong mga tradisyon ay karamihan pang Filipino.

"Isang taon lang, malaki ka na agad." Puna ng kanyang lolo.

"I'm eating a lot yeye."

Ngumiti ito, lalong sumingkit ang mata.

She then walked the to Arnaiz's patriach, nagmano siya at humalik sa pisngi ng asawa nito. Humalik rin siya sa pisngi ng mga magulang niya.

She pulled a chair beside her mom. Nakita niyang sumenyas ang kanyang lola sa isa nitong  tauhan, nang bumalik ay bitbit na itong na box na may tatak na Hermes.

It was handed to her, her grandmother smiled.

"It was due gift for your 16th Kara."

"Thank you nainai..."

Hindi niya iyon agad binuksan, ipinatong niya iyon sa lapag, the family started to  talk about business again... and again, she cannot relate, di ba sila nagsasawa?

"Patuloy na tumataas ang sale ng Velvet Vinus. The name had been sounding for years." Her grandfather said. "I have few vintage wine in our house."

"We're are going to release a new product, hindi pa matatapos ang taon." Ani ni Teodorico.