Chapter 18

Ben lifted Mal up and ran to her bedroom screaming for Fairy Godmother. He lays her down as Mal is crying in pain. Fairy Godmother comes quickly and looks at Mal concerned. "What happened?" Fairy Godmother asks examining Mal.

"I-I don't know...we were just standing and she started to fall saying she was in pain." FG nods and waves her hands over Mal's forehead making her sleep so she can relax. Mal's eyes flutter closed and her body starts to ease. Ben watches worried. FG examines her stomach, checking the baby's heartbeat. Ben watches. FG nods and then looks at Ben.

"Well?..." Ben says hoping they're okay. "Mal and the baby are fine...it was using her magic along with stress that caused her the baby to go into distress. However, she didn't do too much to cause permanent damage...she just needs to take it easy." Ben nods sighing of relief. "Thank you, Fairy Godmother." FG nods smiling. "She'll wake up soon...it's important she rests and takes it easy." "I'll make sure she does." FG nods and leaves. Ben looks at Mal and smiles stroking her hair. Mal sleeps peacefully.

Few months later...

It is the day of Mal's baby shower and everyone is so excited. Belle and Evie are putting together everything to make this day perfect. Mal is very close to her due date. Her big baby belly has grown a lot. Ben has been extra protective since they had the scare a few months ago. Mal loves how much Ben cares, but she likes to be able to do things on her own as well. "Ben I'm fine and our baby is fine, I can do things on my own," Mal smiles holding his hand. Ben squeezes her hand smiling softly. "I know...I'm sorry you're right." Mal smiles. "I'm
gonna go see if your mom or Evie needs help." Ben nods as Mal kisses his cheek before she goes.

Few hours later...

Everyone in the kingdom arrived for the baby shower. Mal wanted a small party with just their family and close friends...but being the royal family, everything needs to be a big celebration. Mal sat on a big chair while everyone is giving her presents. Mal has gotten baby books, stuffed animals, pacifiers, and everything else she'll need for the baby. They still don't know the gender and they want to keep it a surprise until the birth. So, everyone gave neutral stuff. Hades bought a huge crib with a little mobile with symbols from the Isle and Auradon, so the baby will always know where it's from.

After everyone gave presents, Mal and Ben gave a speech.

"Thank you all so much for coming to celebrate our soon to be prince or princess. We know they will feel so loved and we are so grateful for all the love you have showered on us today," Mal says smiling looking at Ben. "As my beautiful wife said...we are very grateful and we know you will all be here for us whenever we need." Everyone claps and Mal and Ben share a sweet kiss. After a bit, everyone starts to go home saying bye to Ben and Mal. After everyone left and just the main people were left, Mal sits down exhausted.

"No more big parties until after this baby is out of me." Everyone laughs. After Evie, Jay and Carlos leave and Belle and Adam go to bed, Ben and Mal have some time to themselves. "I'm happy we got to do that...without some person barging in and ruining it all." Mal giggles, "Yeah I know." "Well, let's get to bed." Mal nods smiling and they head to bed.

Few weeks later...

Mal is sitting in the dining room when she feels a weird pain in her belly. She shakes it off thinking it's just cause it's really close to her due date. She stands up and gasps feeling it getting more intense. "BEN!" She screams. Ben runs immediately to her. "What is it?! What's wrong?!" "Baby...coming...now!" Mal says in between breaths. Ben smiles big and then holds her. "Don't worry, I'll call Fairy Godmother and she'll help." Mal nods getting another contraction stumbling.

Few minutes later FG arrived at the castle

Mal is laying on the bed screaming in pain as Ben is holding her hand for when she needs to squeeze it. FG walks in and smiles. "I heard it's the big day!" FG says in her cheery manner. "Less talking more getting this baby out of me!" Mal says clearly ready to get the baby out. Ben smiles apologetically. "She's just tired she'll be happy after." FG nods smiling. "Of
course, it reminds me of when I was in labor with Jane...wasn't easy but worth it." Ben smiles. "Alright...let's check to see how dilated you are." (Let's use my greys anatomy knowledge to good use😂😂) FG checks as Mal takes deep breaths. "Alright...you're not exactly ready yet, but you're very close. I'll get some items just keep breathing." Mal groans laying back as FG goes to get towels, a tub and other things to help with the birth.

Ben sits down still holding Mal's hand. Mal looks at him, sweat on her forehead but still glowing. Ben smiles. "Our baby is finally coming." Mal smiles. "I just wish our baby would hurry up." Ben chuckles and kisses her head. "You're doing great...just keep thinking about how we're gonna be parents soon." Mal smiles nodding. A few minutes later, Mal gets another contraction. Ben holds her hand as Mal squeezes the life out of it. Ben doesn't care, he just wants Mal to feel better. After that contraction ends, Mal lays back down exhausted. "That was a big one...," Mal says taking deep breaths. "You're doing great...shouldn't be too long now."

FG comes back in with hot towels and a tub to wash the baby in. "How are we doing?" "Ready to get this baby out!!" FG goes over and checks nodding. "You're ready to push Mal." "FINALLY." Ben smiles holding her hand. "Ready for us to be parents?" Ben asks. Mal
looks at him and smiles nodding. Mal gets in position as FG tells her to push. Mal pushes as hard as she can taking breaks in between. Ben never lets go of her hand. After a lot of pushing, they a hear crying.

Mal lays back exhausted as FG lifts up their baby. "Congratulations...you have a healthy baby girl." Ben and Mal smile big looking at each other. Mal eyes are tearing and she can see Ben starting to tear as well. After FG cleans her off, she wraps her in a pretty pink blanket and hands her to Mal. She holds her carefully crying happy tears. "What are you guys gonna name her?" FG asks. Mal and Ben look at each other and smile knowing the name. They both say at the same time, "Amelia." FG smiles. "That's a beautiful name." They smile looking at beautiful little Amelia.

Several weeks later...

It's the day of Amelia's christening. Once again, the whole kingdom is there to celebrate the new royal baby. Princess Amelia Rose. Everyone is awed at how beautiful and adorable she is. She is the perfect mix of both Mal and Ben. She has Ben's brown hair and Mal's green eyes. Mal's nose with Ben's smile. It has come to the time where the fairies give her blessings and special gifts. Each fairy gives her beautiful gifts. It then came to FG's turn. She smiles big getting emotional. She couldn't believe that Ben and Mal finally had a child. She still thinks of them as kids.

She goes up to the bassinet and smiles holding up her wand. "I bless this baby with the gift of always having a heart of light...that whenever someone does her wrong...she will always stay positive." She waves her want over making magical sparkles making Amelia awe at it smiling. After FG puts down her wand, the front doors open wide suddenly and all the lights go out. A figure comes through the door and Mal looks up gasping.

"Mother?..."

Maleficent smirks. "Well well...I'm getting a serious case of deja vu."
________________________________
hi guys! this is probably one of my longest chapters yet!! i hope you enjoyed it! thank you again for all the support you guys give this book! sadly...the next chapter will be the last one! hope you continue to love this book even after it's done! bye guys!