𝐕𝐈 - 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘; 𝐑𝐀𝐘

┌─────────────────┐

┌─────────────────┐

-ˋˏ "  you know things, and I have questions. " ˎˊ-

└─────────────────┘

.ೃ࿐.✰

"so... Gilda is innocent?" I blinked, keeping my gaze locked on the sink full of dishes below me.

the ginger hummed in response, "yeah. honestly, for a moment I truly thought she was the traitor." her lips curved into a frown as she lowered her eyes. the girl's arms remained elbow-deep in the soapy dishwater.

I flicked my sight to her, placing a hand on her back. "don't feel guilty Emma. as Ray said, we have to suspect everyone."

she inhaled, then exhaled. Emma lifted her eyes once more and continued tending to the dirty dishes. "you're right. I'll still love whoever it is no matter what, but..."

I retreated my hand back to my side and stared at her, "but?..."

"I may still resent them a bit for keeping something so big a secret. wouldn't you?"

resent Ray? no, I couldn't. he's kept being the traitor a secret for good reasons.

I shrugged my shoulders and returned my focus to the dishes. "I don't know, maybe." my voice was quiet, barely a whisper.

"whoever it is, I hope they're okay," she says with a sigh.

I furrowed my eyebrows, although I didn't glance at her. "what do you mean? why wouldn't they be okay?" I questioned.

"well," the ginger explains, "they must be under a lot of pressure. you know, keeping a secret from all of their friends. It sounds stressful, don't you agree?"

I paused for a moment, thinking. "now that you mention it, yeah. I do agree."

I hadn't thought about it. Ray must be under a lot of pressure, I hope he's okay. I could ask him, but... no. I shouldn't, that's stupid.