Toxic Household

WARNING: MENTION OF VIOLENCE AND MENTAL ABUSE

Never would you have thought that it would ever end like this. Your parents kicked you out of the house and threw your stuff out of the window because they said you were worth nothing and just some parasite that wasted their money since you turned 18. Maybe they were right maybe they were not. You quickly gathered every item your parents threw out of the window and tried to stuff them into the cardboard box they threw out as well. You walked down the street holding your box in your hands when a familiar car drove past you. Suddenly the cars tires squeaked and the car came to a hold.

You saw that one of your dad's friends stepped out of the car. It was none other than his old class mate Tom Hiddleston. Tom was like a uncle to you and knew how your parents treated you. He disliked it very much and liked to have you around and spend time with you. You liked him as well and were thankful that he always took your mind off of your parents. "Y/N? Are you alright? What happened?", Tom bombed you with questions and hugged you. You began to cry and hugged him back. "Tom... They... They kicked me out..", you sobbed in his shirt. It began to rain and Tom quickly grabbed your cardboard box and put it in his trunk. "Get in... You're staying with me, okay?", he smiled and searched for a tissue so you could blow your nose. He drove towards your house and his tires squeeked on the ground. "I will be back in a few minutes... Stay here.", Tom growled while looking up at your now old house.

You slowly sunk into the seat when you saw your father opening the door for Tom. Tom slowly stepped inside and the door closed behind him. It felt like he was in there for hours and you were about to go an look for him when you heard yelling out of the house. "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! YOU TREATED HER LIKE THAT FOR YEARS!", Tom yelled and what followed was your father's voice yelling back at him. "SHE'S NOT YOUR DAUGHTER! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE IS DOING OR HOW WE TREAT HER!". You backed away from the door again when you heard angry and heavy steps coming towards the door. "MAYBE SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY DAUGHTER! I WOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF HER MORE THAN YOU EVER DID.", you heard Tom yell and watched him when he opened the door carrying more of your stuff. He saw you standing almost at the doorstep. Your face softened when you saw him but immediately when you noticed your father standing behind him you began to shake on fear.

"Y/N... Get into the car.", Tom said softly when he noticed your father staring at you. "Y/N!", your father yelled and began to ran towards you. "Y/N.... GO!", Tom yelled this time breaking you out if your trance. You began to ran towards the car and closed the door just in time before your father could even gat a hold of you. Tom used his keys to close the car so he would 8 have a chance to get you out of there. While your father fought with the door handle Tom quickly put everything he held in his trunk. Once he slammed it shut he came face to face with your father.

"If you take her I'll call the police on you.", he grinned as if he had won. "If you do then I should send them in your house as well! Y/M/N (Your mother's name), got beaten up and Y/N is traumatized by you and your wife!", Tom threatened and your father gulped. Tom slowly walked to his door and climbed inside rolling down his window. " Y/F/N (your father's name), I really thought you were my best friend. You know I loved to have you and your family around but this", he gestured over to you and then your old house. "This is just wrong. You'll never hear anything from me again and I will take care of Y/N from now on. Good evening.". Tom started the cr and drove towards his house leaving your father alone in the street looking after you and Tom.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It's been half a year since you had any contact with your parents but you decided to never contact them ever again. Your life had improved in many ways. Tom really grew into his new role of an father and treated you like his princess but yes he could be very strict about some things like school etc.  One evening you were doing your homework when Tom came home stressed because of a new script he had to read. Of course you knew he was going to stay up almost the whole night to read the script. Since you were little he used to do that.

You sighed in thought of his birthday that was coming up tomorrow. You hoped that he'll like the present you got for him. As you went to the kitchen you started making tea for Tom since he sat in his little study or rather said office.

"I brought you tea...", you sang happily as you slowly poked your head through the door. What you saw made you sad. Tom was laying on his desk sleeping on the script even slightly covering it with some saliva that run out of his mouth. You put the tea on another table and went to get Tom up. "Hey..... Tom... Tommy?", you asked and squeezed his biceps. He began to wake up again and looked up at you smiling. "You need to go to bed... You can't work that tired Tom... I know you have to read it but you can to that tomorrow.", you said and pointed to the script. He yawned and agreed. He slowly waddled over to his room and put on something to sleep in. You placed his tea next to his bed.

" Have a good night. ", Tom murmured and was about to fall asleep as you walked out. Before you closed the door you smiled at him and spoke softly, "Good night... Dad.".

The next morning you woke up pretty early getting everything ready for Tom's birthday. You hoped he'd like your present. You smiled as you finished making breakfast and heard him shuffle downstairs. "Good morning Y/N...", he mumbled and sat down at the table. "Good morning Tom!", you sang and sat down next to him as he started eating. "I know you don't like presents for your birthday but I thought you'd like this one.", you said and gave him a box. "Y/N... You didn't have to...", he began to pout but you cut him off. "NO! You will open it and if you don't accept it then that's okay with me.", you retorted and hoped he wouldn't deny his present. As he slowly opened the box he was met with a few letters and all of them had yours and his name on it.

"Tom... You always were the one who made my day. Who thought of me when no one else did. Who cared for me and about me the whole time even though I'm not your daughter... I want to change that. Will you be my dad and adopt me? Even if I'm already 18?", you smiled but were worried when he looked up to meet your eyes.

(Is that even possible? If not it is now. Lol)

" Y/N... I... I don't even know what to say... ", he stuttered and his hand began to tremble." I should have bought you a shirt or a book instead of this...", you said and tried to grab the adoption papers but he quickly snatched it away.
"Y/N... Of course I will adopt you. You have been like a daughter to me since day one.", he smiled with tears in his eyes and pulled you into a hug.
"at his is the best present you could ever give me.", he said and squeezed you tighter.

"Happy birthday, Dad."