Ø5

We were sittinge win the back of the truck when I noticed Gordie. I pointed at him making Chris look, "right here is fine!" He told the driver. We hopped off and walked toward Gordie.

"Hey Nor, Chris." He said, turning to us. "Thanks a lot!" Chris told the driver. "Sure thing!" He responded.

"Gordoe!" He said, walking closer to Gordie. "Hey man" I said, walking to the other side of Chris.

Chris made us get closer to him, "d'you guys wanna see something?".

"Sure, what?" Gordie said, he looked a bit upset actually, I wonder why.

"Are you okay?" Chris asked him, also noticing he looked upset. "Yeah, I'm fine." Gordie said, looking back at Chris. "Come on!" He said, running away. I looked at Gordie confused, we both shrugged and followed.

"Cmon Chris, what is it" I said, as we stopped in front of the back door of a diner.

We watched as Chris pulled out an a pistol. He handed it to Gordie, "holy shit" I said, looking at the gun then Chris. "walking, talking, Jesus! Where'd you get this?" He said, holding it up toward a garbage can.

"That's what you went to get, wasn't it" I said, smirking at him. "Yeah, hawked it from my old man's bureau. It's a .45" he said, looking at Gordie aiming the gun. "I can see that. Pchough! You got shells for it?" Gordie said, making fake firing noises with his mouth.

"Yeah, took all that was left in the box. My dad will think that he used them himself shooting at beer cans while drunk" he said, putting his hands on his hips.

"Pchough! Is it loaded?" Gordie asked, closing one eye, aiming at the garbage can. "Yeah, is it?" I said, looking at him then the gun.

"Hell, no! What'd you think I am" he said, as looking back at Gordie.

Little did me and Gordie know, it was. Gordie shot the gun into the garbage can, spooking all three of us.

"Jesus!" We all yelled in unison and took off running. Some lady came out the back door, seeing who was lighting off cherrybombs.

"Gordie did it, Gordie Lachance!" Chris said, as we were running. "Shut the hell up Chris!" I yelled at him.

We got around the corner, Gordie was not pleased. I got to admit that was cool though, "Oh man, you should have seen your face! Yeah that was cool, that was really fine" Chris said, still laughing a bit.

"You knew it was loaded you wet end! I'm gonna be in trouble now, that tupper-babe saw me" Gordie said, walking faster.

"Shit, Gordie, she thought it was firecrackers" I said, trying to ease the situation. "I don't care, it was a mean trick Chris" he said, looking at me then Chris again.

"Hey Gordie, I didn't know it was loaded. Honest." Chris said, putting his hands in his shoulders, making him stop.

"You swear" Gordie said, staring him down.
"Yeah, I swear" Chris said, looking guilty.
"On your mother's name?"
"Yeah"
"Even if she goes to hell because you lied!" Gordie said, raising his voice.
"Yeah, I swear!" Chris said, also raising his voice.
Gordie paused for a second, then put up his pinky. "Pinky swear?" He said, putting his pinky back down.
Chris put up his pinky, crossing his heart, kissing it and putting it in the air, "pinky swear".

I laughed at them, making them look at me. We kept walking as I put my arms around both their shoulders, walking between them. We were headed to train tracks when a certain someone decided to walk out at the wrong time.

"Hey girls, where're you goin'?" Eyeball said, taking the hat Gordies brother gave to him, off his head.

"Hey, come on, my brother gave me that!" He said reaching for the hat, but Ace just kept waving it places he could reach.