Ø8

We left Teddy and Vern back at the spot we were sitting, me and Chris were just walking around kicking up stones. "I noticed you kinda zoned out back there" he said, giggling a bit.

"Yeah I do that a lot, sorry" I giggled, running my fingers through my hair.

"It's cool, so you want to tell me now... that were alone, you know" he said, stepping in front of me, making me stop walking.

"Tell you what?"

"Like what's bothering you and why you came back"

I really don't know how tell him, I want to but I just physically can't. It feels like I'm being held at fucking gun point not to say anything. Even if I did, I'd probably start crying and I've never cried in front of anyone. It makes me feel weak.

"Oh, yeah, right" I said, running my fingers through my hair. "I guess my mom just wanted me to spend time with my dad again and nothing is bothering me, I'm fine" I lied, putting on a forced smile, running my fingers through my hair.

Chris's pov:

Remember when I said that she runs her fingers through her hair when something is up? Yeah, something is definitely up she's done like three times now. "North" I said, looking at her with the bitch I know you're lying face that one always got to her.

"No, don't do that. I'm fine" she said, playfully pushing my face away and started to keep walking. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back towards me. "Okay, something is up and we're not leaving until you tell me... I'll wait" I said, crossing my arms.

She shook her head, "I'm fine Chris, can you just drop it please" I could tell she was starting to get irritated, she has this anger thing.

"Why can't I know?" I said, now getting upset that she won't tell me... she used to tell me everything.

North's pov:

I wanted to tell him, I used to tell him everything and this is the first big thing I haven't. I was starting to get irritated by him asking me again, "I just-" I cut myself off by seeing Milo Pressman's truck pull in the junkyard.

"Shit. Chris we gotta go, like right now!" I said, whisper-yelling. "Oh shit" he whispered, looking back to see Milo too. I grabbed his hand and started running to the guys. "Hey, we gotta go now!" I said, noticing I was still holding Chris's hand, I let go and started to grab my stuff.

"Wait, what why?" Vern said, standing up, scared. "Chopper is here" I said, pulling my sleeping bag over my shoulder and walking away. They rushed to get their stuff, we made our way to the fence. I was worried about Gordie.

We hoped over the fence, when we got to the ground, I could see Gordie walking back. I slapped Chris on the shoulder, making him look.

We all started to wave him down, he saw us but he looked confused. "Hey, hey you kid! What're you doing there? Come back here!" Milo said, running after Gordie.

"Run, Gordie, run!!" I yelled at him, grabbing on to the fence as I heard Milo say sic him boy. I'm guessing Gordie heard that too because he let out a scream and ran faster then I've ever seen him.

He jumped onto the fence just missing Chopper, he jumped all the way back down. "That's Chopper?" He said, out of breath looking at a golden retriever looking dog.

"Come on, Choppy! Kiss my ass, Choppy! Sic balls, Choppy!" Teddy teased the dog, putting his ass against the fence.

"Hey you kids! Stop teasing that dog, you hear me! I'll beat your ass teasing my dog like that!" Milo said, running up to the fence. "Yeah, like to see you try and climb over that fence to get me, fatass!" Teddy said, laughing at the guy.

"Don't you call me that, you little tin-weasel peckerwood loony's son!" Milo clapped back at him.

Oh shit.

"What did you call me?" Teddy said, as we all went quiet.

"I know who you are. You're Teddy Duchamp.." he said, continuing to tell the story of how his dad almost burnt his ear off. I looked over at Chris worried , he looked at me just as worried.

"My father stormed the beach at Normandy" Teddy said, sounding as serious as ever. "He's crazier then a shithouse rat. No wonder you're actin the way you are, with a loony for a father" Milo said, knowing it's pissing Teddy off.

"Call my dad a loony again and I'll kill you"

"Loony, loony, loony" Milo paused Teddy the fuck off.

"I'm gonna rip you heard off and shove it down your neck!!" Teddy yelled at him, jumping on to the fence. We held him back.

"You can come and try it you little slimy bastard!" Milo yelled at Teddy, he would clearly win. Milo is a fatass so he outweighs him at tone.

"Sure, you're five times his size, fatass!" I yelled at him, making him look at me. He looked me up and down, "don't think I don't know who you are, you're Alan Jones's kid" he said, moving over in front of me, still behind the fence.

"I've heard all the stories of your fucked family" He started, I really didn't want to hear what he had to say.

"Oh really? And what would those be, fatass?" I said, laughing a bit. "The one where he beats you and you're mother left him because of you too, oh and that she killed herself because of you" he said, pointing his finger at me through the fence.

I balled up my fist, my nails making it bleed, "you're a dead man" I said, stepping closer to the fence. "Come on over then, you'll get a beating either way" he smirked.

I reached through the fence, grabbing him by the shirt, pulling him into it. Chris pulled me back and held my hand to stop me from going. I could see him looking a me in the corner of my eye, I had my eyes locked on Milo.

"You and the loony son ain't going no where in life, no where" he said, adjusting his shirt. Teddy tried getting over the fence again but we all held him.

Milo stood there shaking his head, "He wants to go over there so he can beat the piss out of you and then take you to the cops!" Chris yelled, as Teddy calmed down again.

"You watch your mouth, smart guy. Let him do his own fighting!" Milo said, pointing his finger at Chris. Teddy would put up a good fight if I'm being honest, but it would be fair.

"Sure you only outweigh him about five hundred pounds, fatass!" Gordie snapped back at him. I wasn't even saying anything, I just had my locked on Milo and holding back Teddy.

Milo squinted at Gordie, "I know your name. Your Lachance! I know all you guys and all your fathers are going to be getting a call from me!" He said, putting emphasis on all when he looked at me.

"Oh, except for the loony up in Togus" he said, smirking at Teddy. "Son of a bitch!" Teddy yelled, trying to jump back on the fence but we pulled him as we started walking away. All I could hear was Teddy talking about how his dad stormed the beach at Normandy and Milo telling us to get back here.

I wondered how Teddy could care so much for his dad who practically killed him, I couldn't give to shits about my dad and he felt the same.

I looked down to see Chris was still holding my hand, I didn't mind it being there. I let go of his hand, putting mine in my pockets. He looked at me, pinching his lips into a smile. I gave him a half hearted smile.

I couldn't stop thinking about what that Fatass said, I guess everything is kinda my fault.

"Don't worry about him, he's a pile shit" he looked down at me, "but why would he say that about your mom anyway."

"I don't know, Chris. I don't know..." I ran my fingers through my hair. I'm gonna have to tell him... aren't I.