Ø7

We all stood in front of the fence that was keeping all of us out of the junkyard. No trespassing was enforced by Milo Pressman and his dog, Chopper. Needless to say we don't obey or like him.

I stared at the No trespassing sign, "No trespassing, my ass" I said mocking the sign, throwing my stuff over and climbing the fence.

I could hear the guys giggling at me, "stand back, men! Paratroops over the side!" I heard Teddy yell, throwing his sleeping bag over. I jumped down watching the guys climb the fence.

"Come on, men! Move it out!" Teddy said, as him and Vern ran to the pump. I stayed back with Chris and Gordie, watching them run away. "Teddy's crazy" Chris said, throwing his sleeping bag over his shoulder.

I shook my head and laughed, "he sure is". Gordie smiled at him. "He won't live to be twenty I bet" Chris said, putting his hands on his hips. "No I think he'll get to twenty, thirty is a different story" I said, giggling a bit, picking up my slingshot I snuck in my sleeping bag.

"That's yours?" Gordie said, looking confused that I have one. "Yeah, why?" I said, putting it on my sleeping bag. "Never knew you had one" he said, raising his eyebrows.

"Well, now you do" I said, winking and walking to Teddy and Vern at the pump, leaving Gordie and Chris there.

Chris's pov:

I shook my head and laughed at North, besides her becoming more pretty somehow, she acts the same. "I'm glad she's back" Gordie said, looking at her walking away.

"Me too... me too, let's hope we all don't turn out as crazy as Teddy is gonna be" I said, looking at Nor, then back at Gordie.

"Remember the time you saved him in the tree?"

"Yeah. You know I have a dream about that sometimes. Except in the dream I always miss him, I just get a couple of his hairs and down he goes. It's weird"

"Yeah, that is weird. But you didn't miss him, Chris Chambers never misses, does he?" Gordie said, smiling at me.

"Not even when the ladies leave the seat down" I said, spitting through a whole I made with my hand.

"Hey. I'll race y'a!" I said, nudging him in the arm. "No, I don't know" he said, starting to walk away. "Oh come man, right to the pump!"

"I'm kind of tired" he said before taking off running. "You're a dead man, Lachance" I said, taking off after him.

North's pov:

I was watching Teddy pump the pump with excessive force, I bursted out laughing with Vern. I looked back to see the Chris and Gordie racing and I'm not gonna lie, I was watching Chris.

"Do you like him?" I heard Vern say from behind me. I turned to look at him, Yes. "What, no!". Vern stared at me in disbelief, I gave him a shrug as a yes answer. "Holy shit, I knew it. I knew it, sincerely!" Vern said, a bit too loud.

"Shut the hell up Vern!" I said, seeing the guys walking back our way. "Okay, okay sorry".

"What're you guys talking about?" Chris said, as they finally reached us. "Yeah, what does Vern know?" Gordie said, raising his eyebrows at me, giving me a boyish smirk, I think he knows somehow.

"Oh nothing, just how Nor li-" I slapped my hand over his mouth. "Just how I'm excited for school!" I said, widening my eyes at Vern, taking off my hand.

No one is gonna believe that you dumbass, who is excited for school... exactly, no one. Gordie and Chris cocked their heads back in confusion, "riiiight" Gordie said, looking at Chris, then me.