13

We all shot up, the sound of the train passing by spooked us. "Good morning to you too" i spoke sarcastically, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I could hear a slight giggle from beside me, it was Chris. "What are you laughing at, Chambers?" I smirked at him, widening my eyes. He raised his eyebrows and pointed at my head.

I raised an eyebrow, "what?" I lifted my hand to the top of my head. I really wish Vern didn't lose that comb.

"Oh shut up, you should see all of you. At least my face looks the same" I pointed at all of them, squinting my eyes. They all looked at each other and rubbed their eyes, faces. Trying to wake themselves up.

I laughed at their actions and ran my fingers through my hair. I put it up into a ponytail, noticing Vern staring at me confused. "What's up with you?" I asked, sitting back down.

"How do you do that? The whole hair thing" he put his hand on his head. I shook my head, "skill." I raised up my coke from last night I saved. He nodded in confusion.

We all sat eating what Gordie had brought for breakfast, it wasn't your typical breakfast but hey, at least we ate. I took the cap off my coke and took a sip, spitting it back out shortly after. "Son of a bitch is flat" I chucked the bottle behind me.

They all giggled, "Jeez Gordie, why couldn't you get some breakfast stuff like Twinkie's and root beer?" Vern complained.

"Sorry, Vern. I guess some more experienced shopper could've gotten more for your seven cents." Gordie shook his head with a smirk. We made eye contact and giggled.

"Lady and gentlemen, the royal" Chris called out, as we were facing the woods. Teddy looked at the tracks then back at the woods with a disgusted face, "Man, the tracks go way out of the way."

I shook my head in agreement, "if we cut across this field right here ,we'll be there in an hour"

Chris, Gordie and Teddy agreed, Vern on the other hand didn't. "I think we should stick to the tracks." He looked up at me.

"I say we go across the field." Teddy argued.
"Gordie?"
"Yeah"

I smiled in excitement, "Let's go!" I grabbed Chris's hand, pulling him with me. He laughed and followed. I must've been going to fast because he tripped, taking me down with him.
"You know, I don't think you're supposed to pull the other person down." I sat up, flicking the grass off of me.

He sat up and did the same, "in my defence, it was your fault" he laughed. My mouth dropped in shock, "agree to disagree" I stood up, holding out my hand so I could pull him up.

He went to grab it, so I moved it away quickly. Making him fall back to ground, he chuckled as if I was going to get payback, "you are so dead, Jones." He got up quickly, chasing me into the woods. We could hear Teddy and Vern in the distance.

"Take no prisoners! Tfrrrrrrr!" Teddy yelled, always making those gun noises. Whilst Vern was still being a pussy, "Hey you guys! It's a lot safer if we ah--"

"Come on men!"
"You don't know what's in those woods!"
"Let's go!"
"Hey you guys wait up for me!" Vern had finally caved in, like he always does.

As we continued our journey, it was rudely interrupted by what seemed to be a swamp or flooded land. I sighed, "well shit."

"How are we supposed to get across this?" Vern complained. "We use you as a raft." Teddy snapped back, making me chuckle quietly. "Very funny."

Chris had backed up, breaking off a stick from behind me. He walked back over to the water, poking the ground to see the water level "Hey, it's not that deep, we can walk across." He smiled, throwing the stick away.