Chapter 5

Wave

Wave liked their bed fine, it was a pool of water, lined with comfortable sand. Waterlily and Wave had been given the same cave, and Wave felt foolishly excited. They had also been paired with two other clawmates, possibly the grumpiest Nightwing ever, and a Rainwing who matched Kinkajou's energy, but like, times 500.

 "So this is exciting, huh? I'm excited to go to class soon!"

 Wave tried to make Smalltalk and failed miserably. The Nightwing, Starwalker, didn't respond. Waterlily nodded curtly and shoved her face back into the scroll she was reading. But Blossom, the Rainwing , exploded with answers. 

"OH MY GOSH YES! TOTALLY! I'M EXCITED TO LEARN HOW TO READ AND DO ART AND HISTORY! AND MAKE TONS OF FRIENDS!" 

"Hey!, it's time for class! Get your tails up and follow me!" Tsunami, the Seawing Dragonet of the prophecy, and the head of school poked her head into the cave. All the Dragonets in the cave got up and followed her out and up.

Dusk

The Ivory winglet was sitting in a cave. Tsunami was speaking, or rather barking.

"Alright, Let's learn about each other. Everyone says their names, their hobbies, and their favorite color. I'll go first, I'm Tsunami, My hobby is bossing Dragons around, and my favorite color is blue." 

She finished and asked Dusk to go next. 

"I'm Dusk, my hobby is flying, and my favorite color is orange." He said with confidence.

Waterlily went next. 

"My name is Waterlily, My hobby is reading, and my favorite color is teal." 

Then the Icewing.

"I'm Borealis, My hobby is building ice sculptures, and my favorite color is light blue." 

Then the Nightwing. "My name is Starwalker, My hobby is writing, and my favorite color is black." 

Waterlily jumped in then, "Actually, Black technically isn't a color, it's a shade or a form of light! It's actually really interesting..." She trailed off as Starwalkers' lip started to curl.

"Hi, My name is Quake, My hobby is mud, is that a hobby? Whatever. My favorite color is, brown I guess." The Mudwing boomed, his voice was low and thick.

 "Hello! My name is Blossom! My hobby is art! My favorite color is..hmm..wow, there are so many to choose from! Um, let's just go with lavender!" Dusk smiled at the bubbly Rainwing with warmth.

 Finally, Wave. "Uh- Hi, My name is Wave, and my hobby is swimming. My favorite color is navy blue. They said sheepishly. 

"Tsunami!" Clay, the Mudwing dragonet of the prophecy rushed in. "Tamarin's gone missing!"

Waterlily

"Wait, shouldn't we be looking for Tamarin, Instead of panicking?" Waterlily tried to project calm and rationale, but she was just as worried and flustered, and confused as everyone else.

"She's right you guys," Sunny said, but Tsunami Jumped in immediately afterward, rendering Sunny's response to Waterlily Obsolete. 

"WE NEED ACTION! CLAY, YOU AND SUNNY SEARCH AROUND STONEMOVER'S TUNNEL SYSTEMS, AND ALL THE ONES AROUND IT! STARFLIGHT ME AND FATESPEAKER WILL SEARCH ABOVE THE SCHOOL!"

 She said loudly, sounding frantic. 

"Ok,...AHH!" Starflight started to speak, but Tsunami thrust him out of the cave too, presumably, to start searching for Tamarin.

"Well, I guess we'll go too.." Clay said hesitantly before Sunny whisked him out of the cave, leaving the ivory winglet to mingle amongst themselves.

 "So, Who else is coming to look for Tamarin with me?" The Icewing, who had introduced themself as Borealis earlier, spoke. 

"Oh! I am!" Blossom chirped loudly. 

"Yes!." Wave and Waterlily said in unison. They both looked at each other, and smiled, followed by an awkward silence. 

"Wow, That was excruciating to watch," Starwalker said, breaking the quiet. 

"I'm coming too." Dusk put in. "Starwalker, Quake, You coming?" 

"Sure," Quake responded distractedly after his attention was stolen by a colorful butterfly flapping past the window. 

"Whatever, yeah." Starwlker rolled her eyes.

Wave

Starwalker's black tail slithered ahead of Wave, causing an ominous hissing sound to vibrate through the bright tunnel the two were creeping through. 

"So, Do you really think Tamarin is up here?" Wave said quietly to the Nightwing. "Maybe, I've seen Tamarin before and she seemed like the type who likes flowers and warm light, even though she can't see them."

 Starwalker seemed to switch modes when she got used to a Dragon, more..open, and kinder, but still grumpy. 

"Hmm.. but then wouldn't she be in the place where the Rainwings have their Suntime?" Wave Said, 

"Yes, But Then we would know where she is, and we don't." The Nightwing shot back. 

A shadow quickly passed through Wave's field of vision. "What was that?" No answer. "Starwalker?" But the Nightwing was gone, no trace of her left.

Dusk

 "She's gone?" 

"Yeah, I blinked, and then, No Starwalker!" Wave said breathlessly. 

"ARG! TWO MISSING DRAGONS AND NO CULPRIT!?" Tsunami was getting restless. 

"We can still find them," Dusk said. 

"NO! NO WAY, NO STUDENT IS GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT AN ADULT DRAGON TO KEEP AN EYE ON THEM!" 

"She's right, from now on, you will be escorted to classes by adult dragons." 

"Grrrr..." Waterlily Growled. 

"Alrighty, We should be looking at suspects, any new or suspicious characters at the school lately?" Dusk said competently. 

"Well, there is that new Nightwing in the gold winglet, Dreamtrapper," Waterily suggested.

Tsunami's ears perked. "Your right! He was gone right before both disappearances!" 

"Good," Dusk said. "Now we have a lead."