Better Do This

Matthew 7:12

In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

While I’m busy stargazing at night. I suddenly remembered the day when I was still a part-timer.

In the market, more specifically in the vegetables area, I am one of the part-timer because God has given me what I prayed for.

So in the table near ours, there was also a part timer which I hate the most. I always throw expletive words to her silently. I just really hate her.

But one day, when I am on my way going to market for my part-time job, a motorcycle suddenly stopped beside me and someone said, “sakay ka na, malayo pa lalakarin mo, e.”

When I diverted my gaze towards that person, she—the girl I hate the most, is smiling at me and asking me to ride wholeheartedly, yes I can see it.

I felt so much guilty that time because of the words I silently threw to her.

And now, I realized how good our God is. I just realized His purpose for sending the person I hate to help me, for me to realize that I am wrong. For me to realize that I should love the person I hate. And also, He wants to wipe my anger towards that girl and yes, He did.

As the flashback ended, a teardrop suddenly seep from my right eye, thanking God for His kindness and mercy.