THIRTEEN

Roxy, Kayla and Abigail had been sitting in the principal's office for half an hour when she sensed Isaac approaching. Fast. Principal Doug was sitting across from them, tapping away at his computer. Kayla and Abigail sat either side of Roxy, their jaws clenched and breathing heavily while giving one another side daggers. She swallowed roughly and absent-mindedly picked at the taco which covered her shirt. From the phone call Principal Doug had with Isaac, her soulmate was not happy. Kayla was his little sister, she'd get off scot free. Abigail was a girl he barely knew so he wouldn't come down on her too hard. As for herself, she was the soulmate he didn't want. No doubt he was going to pin the whole thing on her even though she'd been the one trying to diffuse the situation.

The door almost being flung off the hinges made everyone in the office jump. Roxy gulped when she sensed Isaac behind her, watching out the corner of her eye as he made his way around the desk with Tobias in tow. This is going to be interesting.

'I'm sorry to call you in, Isaac.' Principal Doug sounded nervous. Roxy didn't blame the poor guy. 'But considering one is your sister and the other the Luna, I thought it was best we decide a punishment together.'

Punishment? But I haven't done anything!

'Look at your Alpha.' The commanding tone of Isaac's voice had all three girls' heads snapping up to him as if they were on springs. His green eyes grazed over them and Roxy didn't miss the way they seemed to sit on her the longest. 'Principal Doug, is it okay if Tobias and I talk them alone?'

'Fine with me!' The principal jumped out of his seat and Roxy heard him running down the hallway once he'd shut the door behind him.

Isaac leant his arms against the desk, showing the bulging veins of his forearms. 'Does anyone want to tell me what the hell happened?'

The three of them remained silent. Roxy let her eyes flicker to Tobias who was looking nervous, seeming to have a mental conversation with Kayla. None of them could say what happened without one of their secrets being spilt. Either Isaac would find out about Kayla and Tobias or Abigail and Levi. She wasn't sure what was worse.

Kayla was the first to break the silence. 'Well, Isaac–'

'Alpha.' Isaac's green eyes were ablaze.

Kayla looked taken aback before composing herself and shooting a glare to Abigail. 'Alpha, what happened was Abigail came to tell Roxy and I that she's–'

'I'd be careful what you say, Kayla,' spat Abigail, smiling smugly. 'We wouldn't want secrets coming out now, would we?'

Roxy noticed Tobias tense. Kayla seemed to roll her options around in her head before letting out a deep sigh. 'With all due respect, Alpha, I won't say.'

A snarl ripped from Isaac. 'You won't say? I'm your Alpha. If I demand something of you, you do it.' His eyes slid to Abigail. 'What about you? Are you suddenly mute too?'

Abigail's reply was a silent nod.

Isaac's eyes snapped to Roxy and she was conscious of his body which had a slight tremble. He wasn't used to his own pack disrespecting him in such a way. 'Roxy? Can you tell me what the fuck caused a food fight between my sister and her best friend in my school?'

Roxy gulped. Isaac was pissed and after how he'd reacted to her going behind his back with Levi she didn't feel like angering him again. She glanced between the pleading eyes of the other three people in the room. But she couldn't rat out her friends with such sensitive secrets either. She glanced down to her bracelet. So much for good luck. Then a lightbulb glowed in her mind.

'It was the bracelets,' she quickly blurted.

'The bracelets,' repeated Isaac slowly, a frown setting on both him and Tobias' faces.