chapter 67

Shehnaaz

Today I am very very very nervous. More than when I was about to give the medical entrance exam and way more than nervous when the result was about to be announced. Today I am going to meet Sidharth's father and sister. Four days back when maa got to know about us, she told me that they will soon be coming to meet me but I didn't know this soon.

Maa accepted me with an open heart and for the past four days, she has been staying with us, giving me the motherly warmth and love that I was yearning for.

Nowadays, I get up early in the morning because she gets up early, and then I could spend time with her before going to the office and also, I leave the office at sharp seven, not even waiting for Sidharth to finish his work. Although he had been whining about me spending more time with maa than him, he understands where I am coming from. The love, the care that I didn't get from my birth mom, I am getting it now, from his mom.

Today is Sunday and we are going to his farmhouse in the outskirts of the city. Ashok uncle, his dad, and Sanvi, his little sister, will be coming directly over there.

"Baby aise idhar udhar ghoomne se kya hoga. Baithja aja..." Sidharth who was sitting on the couch in the living area said to me. I am right now pacing in the living area, biting my nails. We are just waiting for maa to come from the temple and then we will leave.

"Kya yaar sidharth, mujhe bohot tension ho raha hai. What if they don't like me? What if they..." I was cut in between by maa's voice.

"What if they ask Sidharth to leave you? What if they didn't think you are of our standard? What if they have a problem with your family thing? Yehi sab na...Mujhe to samajh nahi ata is ladki ke dimag mein yehi sab batein chalti rehti hai kya. Jab mujhe pata chala tha tab bhi yehi sab tha na tere dimag mein. Kya hua...Maine kahan ki tum mujhe pasand nahi ya tum dono ka rishta mujhe pasand nahi." Maa said taking a seat beside Sidharth, who is trying hard to control his laugh.

"Haan par..."

"Relax kar na baby. I know my family. Aur vaise bhi mom ko pasand hai na tu to dad ko bhi pasand hi ayegi. Dad doesn't go against mom." Sidharth said earning a smack from maa. I giggled when he made a baby face mumbling a sorry.

After some more lectures from the mother-son duo to relax, we left for the farmhouse. It was an hour away from the main city. We enjoyed the ride, mostly me and maa. We both were in one team to irritate Sidharth and well, he was like,

Haan sahi hai, dono milke mujh jaise massom se bacche ko kardo corner. Had hai, value hi nahi hai koi.

Maa and I laughed out loud at his whining. He is such a baby, my big baby. Sounds good, haha. We reached the farmhouse. It was a big villa with old times structure. It has a big garden with various flowers and plants, a porch area, and a tube well.

We reached towards the gate of the house and my anxiety increased ten folds. His dad is already in, their car was park outside. All my insecurities were kicking in again. No, no I should remember good things. Yeah, what maa said me four days back, I would recall that,

"Kyu nahi bataya?" Maa asked me when we settled down on the bed. I just kept looking down not knowing what to say.

"Yeh janne ke bad bhi main hi sidharth ki mom hoon, na to mujhe bataya na hi sidharth ko ki tu mujhe janti hai. Kyun baccha?" She asked me so lovingly that my eyes filled up again.