┊iv. four

ᴄʜᴏᴏꜱᴇ ᴀ ꜰɪʟᴇ:

➤- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 "The start"

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 2

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 3

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

For the first time ever, you hated being right

Just as you predicted, two days later, the mountain had been assaulted by multiple demon slayers. You had been resting on a tree before being disturbed by a blade being thrown your way. You had quickly gotten in action, wiping away anyone who dared get in your way. It seemed you weren't the only one who got ready to fight, in fact spiders were crawling everywhere, a sign that your mother had been given orders. The sound of bones cracking is echoing in the distance and you are quick to find the woman, deciding to stay by her side.

"Ufufufufu, alright my beautiful dolls, dance like fools till your limbs fall apart!" The woman laughed amused at the cries of the poor unfrotunate souls that fell into her grasp. You could only listen as you eyed your surroundings, trying to catch any sign of movement between the trees. 

"Huh?" Your mother gasped, looking confused at her hands where limp strings fell from her fingers.

"Is there something wrong mother?" Her shoulders dropped at the question, turning to you with brows furrowed.

"I think someone cut my wires..." Your eyebrows slightly twiched in surprise and you sucked on your tongue at the news 'So more slayers have arrived?'  You got up, dusting your kimono of any dirt.

"Then we just need to send more spiders there. I'll take care of that, try to see if you can regain a connection with some of the bodies." You made your way to a nearby tree and picked up a bunch of spiders. The feeling of their legs on your skin sending chills down your spine. 

You'll never get used to the feeling...

"Yes!" 

You turn to look at your mother as she exclaims in success. Her arms twisting to the side as she began once again taking control of the bodies of the slayers. 

"Mother." You both jump at the sound of Rui's voice. His figure emerging from behind of one of the forest trees.

"R-Rui!" She exclaimed, your brother advanced, stopping beside you as he glanced at the woman.

"Can we win?" 

Her breath hitched, her eyes shifting from him to you.

"Will this take too long...and take up too much time?" Your brother's gaze hardened as he slightly bent his head. "If you don't hurry...I will tell father."

The woman's eyes widened as her lip started to tremble. Frowning you cross your arms and look away. You surprisingly pitied your mother. Being forced to join this sick game of pretend just to be tortured afterwards. When you had the chance you always tried to reason with Rui and get him to stop your father.