┊vii. seven

ᴄʜᴏᴏꜱᴇ ᴀ ꜰɪʟᴇ:

➤- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 "The start of the end"

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 2

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 3

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

Tanjiro looked at the headless body that lay beside him, a breath of relief escaping his mouth as he realized that the battle was over.

Looking ahead, he spotted the unconscious body of Nezuko, and with the remaining energy he had he clenched his teeth and tried crawling over to her. The pain was unbearable. He could feel the cuts on his body burn as he held the broken sword in his hand. 'Father... Saved me...'

The closer he got to Nezuko, the more the ringing in his ears grew louder and his vision began to shrink. He felt nauseous, and his body grew hotter by the second. Was he too reckless with his breathing?

'I need to recover quickly... I still have to keep fighting.' He squinted his eyes as Inosuke appeared in his mind. The thought of leaving his friend alone against such a demon had him drown in guilt.

'I have to hurry up and help him.' He grunted as a sharp burning feeling hit his lungs. He just had to make sure that Nezuko was okay. That was the most important thing for now. 

However just as he pushed himself forward one more time the thickening scent of blood made his body cover in a cold sweat as a dreadful thought crossed his mind. 'Usually when a demon disappears... it will smell like ash.' He hastily turned around at the gut-wrenching realization, only to stare in horror at the figure that rose from the ground.

"You thought that you defeated me?" The demon said with his head hanging from a group of threads. "You sad fool... were you happy in your delusions?"

Despite the pain he sat up, clenching his bleeding side and backing away from the advancing figure.

"I cut off my head with my own strings way before you could." 

It was almost as if it was mocking him, the way his head reattached to his body in just a span of a few seconds. 

"Enough of this."

'Stand!! Stand now!! Hurry!!' He clenched his teeth as the demon took a step forward, the sword he held in his hands being taken away by a set of bloodied wires. Just as his shadow loomed on his figure he closed his eyes, waiting for death to come for him.

You can imagine the surprise when after a few seconds nothing happened. He hesitantly opened his eyes, only to see that the demon had already surpassed him and was now getting closer to the figure of his sister.