┊ix. nine

ᴄʜᴏᴏꜱᴇ ᴀ ꜰɪʟᴇ:

➤- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 "Friendly conversation"

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 2

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 3

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

"Well, what a persistent little thing you are

"Well, what a persistent little thing you are." You hum, your sharp glare accentuating the annoyance that laced your words. "I admire your courage, boy, but I can't help but wonder..." The threads holding Tanjiro in place tighten with a movement of your hand and a groan escapes him at the feeling of the air being torn from his lungs. "...Why are you here?"

You had to take a moment to register just who had dared try to sneak up on you. But you surely didn't expect it to be one of the many demon slayers who had fought against your family that night. Most importantly, the one who had fought against your brother.

"I'm not here to fight! I just wish to talk-" He hisses when the transparent strings tighten around his arms.

A low growl catches your attention and you turn around just in time to barely dodge the claws of the other demon. Black hair swinging in the air at the fast movements. The sudden attack had you loosen your grip on the wires that engulfed the slayer and you were forced to take a step back as the demon girl held in a protective manner the boy. Her pink eyes glowing through the darkness of the night.

"T-thank you Nezuko."

A smile forms on the slayer's face and he praises the young demon with a pat on the head. He tilts his head to glance at you from behind his sister and slowly gets up.

Never in your life did you think you would be able to witness such a sight.

"I've not lived very long compared to some of the Upper demons, but I'm sure that a demon traveling with a human is something new even for them"

Taking a step forward he lifts his hands in the air in a surrendering manner, and it's just then that you notice his odd outfit. He wasn't wearing the same uniform and haori from the first time you met him. Instead, it was replaced by a white shirt and pants. His sword was also nowhere in sight.

"How come you've come here unarmed? Do you not realize who you are in front of? I could easily kill you." Despite your threat, you found yourself unable to find truth in your words. There was something in the look in his eyes, in the way they seemed to be trying to reach past that shield of hate and sadness that coated your entire being. It made you feel just as helpless as when you first stared into them so many nights ago. A cold sense of familiarity brought you to stand straighter in an attempt to seem bigger than him. Your gaze hardening.

"Go. Let's pretend that none of this happened. You will return to your little home or whatever you're staying in and you'll keep your mouth shut on where you found me...am I making myself clear?"