┊vi. six

ᴄʜᴏᴏꜱᴇ ᴀ ꜰɪʟᴇ:

➤- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 "I remember"

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 2

- ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʟᴏᴛ 3

ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ...

"Nezuko-Nezuko! You protected your brother, I'm sorry!" The cries of the boy faded away upon reaching the demon's ears

"Nezuko-Nezuko! You protected your brother, I'm sorry!" The cries of the boy faded away upon reaching the demon's ears. His thoughts lingering on a specific word like a fly to a piece of meat.

'..Brother? They are siblings? A demon and a Human...siblings. Demons are supposed to eat humans...yet she protected him?' It was a simple revelation really. One could've guessed by the simple smell of their blood, it's smell enough to tell it came from the same roots. But Rui's hand trembled as he pointed at the duo, veins appearing on his face as he whispered.

"You are...siblings?"

"So what of it?!" Tanjiro frantically asked, his voice twisted in horror as he tried to keep his sister's arm together, blood staining his trembling hands. 

Rui's mind couldn't have been clouded with anything else but pure...anger? 

"His sister became a demon....and yet they're together..."

No, it was deeper than that. Could it have been envy? Jealousy? Disgust even?

"R-Rui" It came out barely above a whisper. Your sister anxiously muttered the name of your brother, afraid of the look that suddenly burned in his gaze like an unknown threat.

"She protected her brother...she offered her body." His eyes slowly shifted to the girl's figure and just for a moment, in her place, he could see the (h/c) girl.

That's what lightened something in him. The wires connected to his fingers seemed as sharp as ever as he turned to look at the slayer with a dark glare.

"Boy, let's have a talk."

 - 🕷 -

'Goddamnit, where am I even supposed to go?!'  If it weren't for the nauseating smell of Wisteria you would've already been to Rui's side and warned him about the Hashira's. It was all so sudden, a moment ago you were following the scent of your 'siblings', and now you were trying to remember where to go while trying not to puke your guts out. You didn't know where this smell came from, but it was either from those people from the corps or a slayer with wisteria flowers on them.

'I have known this damn forest for years, this is ridiculous'  Your fist was the only thing that refrained from some nasty gag sound coming out of your mouth. 'Never felt this way ever since I tried eating human food-'

"(Y/n)!!" With the last bit of force you had you looked at the figure of your sister approaching.

She seemed to be scared but it quickly changed to worry when she noticed your face.