Chapter 3- The Rebellion

This fanart cover of An Unexpected Journey was made for me by my good friend Liliana https://www.quotev.com/LotRHPFandomPotCSW from Quotev! Thank you so much for this! I love it! :)

~~~~~

Noelle was thrown into a regular cell with her hands cuffed– no containment field. Vader was determined to keep her alive for a little bit longer now, to draw the Rebels into a trap. Or so he said.

Perked up, Noelle was sitting and waiting impatiently for something, anything to happen.

Who were these "Rebels?" Noelle didn't have doubts there that were small pockets of rebellion throughout the galaxy. She had met some pretty resilient and strong-willed people who loved their freedom throughout her time here. But for someone to have the guts to attack a Star Destroyer... Whomever this was, was either in over their head, or more capable than they sounded.

But Noelle didn't believe for one minute that they had come for her. Vader was messing with her. Toying with her emotions. Noelle didn't know what he thought he was going to accomplish, but one thing she would never do before she died was give into him– or the Dark Side.

She was still in despair over herself, over Anakin, but she no longer wanted to die. She wanted to meet these people. If, well it didn't seem too hopeful right now, if she made it off of this junk heap alive, maybe she could help these Rebels.

She wouldn't give up. She wouldn't forgive herself for being too late to save Anakin, but she wouldn't sit back and do nothing either. That just wasn't in her nature.

She closed her eyes and breathed, allowing the Force to come back to her. She had somewhat distanced herself from It since she had been told she was about to die, but now she allowed It completely back. It was a bittersweet feeling, because the Force brought her comfort always, but also great sorrow, and her reminder that she failed Anakin. That she wasn't getting him back.

She inhaled a shaky breath, willing herself not to cry and show weakness. Because if he broke her, then he won. The Dark Side won.

BOOM!!!

Noelle felt vibrations coming from the left of her, they were close, but not too close.

Were they really coming for her... This was just all too convenient, right when she was about to die. Yet there were no coincidences with the Force.

Then she heard yelling and punching outside her cell door. They weren't necessarily one-hundred percent sound-proof.

Her eyebrows furrowed in disbelief as the door shot open. The first thing she saw was a Mandalorian in pink and orange armor pointing two blasters in her direction. She lowered them when she saw Noelle.

Then she saw two... Jedi. A man with longish brown hair tied back into a ponytail with a goatee, and a young teenage boy, who was undoubtedly his Padawan. Both of them held blue, ignited lightsabers. Her mouth hung agape slightly, and she stared at them wide-eyed, looking like an idiot.

"I thought I was the only one left.." she whispered.

The man and the boy turned off their sabers, as the Mandalorian girl released Noelle from her bondages.

"Well, you're not!" said the boy enthusiastically. "My name's Ezra, and this is my master, Kanan. We're here to rescue you!"

The Mandalorian girl cleared her throat.

"Oh, and this is Sabine."

"WA WA WA!" came some noise from behind them. A black and red C1 droid was waving its little appendages in indignation.