Chapter 7- Shroud of Darkness

"I can't believe you have two white blades, Ahsoka."

Noelle was genuinely amazed. She had never seen anything like it in her years at the Temple. She had seen all the other colors. Yellow, and even black, but never white. The closest to white she had ever seen was Master Sinube's pale blue blade.

Ahsoka smiled. "Want to try?"

Noelle glanced at her own lightsaber. It had been several weeks since the incident on Takobo, and she and Ahsoka (and occasionally Rex) had been hopping from planet to planet for Senator Organa, or their own missions, and the two of them were always just too tired to actually relax, or try and talk about something normal. Now they were finally on Alderaan taking a break.

Noelle actually did want to practice a little with Ahsoka, but two lightsabers?

"Two different blades with two different crystals where one is meant for me and one is not would put me off balance."

Ahsoka raised her eyebrows but didn't comment. "Try both of mine then," she insisted, holding out the curved, silver saber hilts in her hands.

Standing up, Noelle glanced at them hesitantly, but placed her own saber on the rock she had been sitting on, and took Ahsoka's lightsabers in her hands. She gripped the long one in her right hand and the shoto blade in her left, testing out the weight. She glanced at Ahsoka for confirmation, who nodded.

Noelle turned them on, and even in daylight on the grassy mountain plains of Alderaan, a brilliant white light reflected off her face.

"Were you ever taught to dual-wield?" Ahsoka asked.

Noelle shook her head. "I've been taught the basics, but I never practiced, and I've never had to use the technique."

Ahsoka crossed her arms. "It's never too late to learn."

Noelle was about to decline when Ahsoka suddenly Force-pulled her lightsaber and ignited, aiming for Noelle's head. Instinctively, Noelle turned on the saber in her right hand and blocked.

"Use both!" Ahsoka commanded, swinging towards Noelle's left side.

Swiftly, Noelle activated the shoto and brought it up towards her face, just barely blocking Ahsoka's attack.

The Togruta stepped back. "Stand in ready position," she instructed Noelle. "With both. One saber is meant to be the offensive and the other defensive. Treat them as you would your normal lightsaber. As extensions of your arms."

Ahsoka lunged at her again, but Noelle was having trouble, forgetting about the second saber and mainly using the right one to block attacks.

"Do not forget the forms!" Ahsoka said. "Use both sabers!" She swung at Noelle's left side again, throwing her off balance, and she clumsily dropped the shoto and staggered, backwards. Regaining her composure, she groaned with a frustrated sigh. "It's not that big a deal. I don't have to-"

Ahsoka interrupted, not having any of her excuses. "Master Yoda once told me that two blades are like Master and Apprentice. One can sharpen and improve the other."

Before she could finish, the button on her comlink began to blink, and a hologram of Kanan Jarrus came up.

Ahsoka and Noelle exchanged glances. If Kana was contacting them, something was wrong.

"Hey Ahsoka, Noelle," Kanan greeted. "I need your advice on something."

"Ask away," said Ahsoka.

"Ever since the incident on Takobo, Ezra and I have been hunting around different systems for a new base, but everywhere we go, those guys seem to be following us!" Kanan scratched the back of his head and sighed. "The Inquisitors I mean. I need your help on what to do."