Chapter 15- Alderaan

Alderaan was a beautiful green-and-blue speck in the midst of nothingness and stars. Noelle gazed sullenly at it out the window of the civilian transport. It looked so much like Earth...

Many planets had, but with the context of where she was trying to get to, it made her even more homesick. Her heart ached for her beloved Earth. She wanted so desperately to save it.

She had been told Ahsoka Tano came to Alderaan in the beginning of her days with the rebellion. It was almost ironic Noelle seemed to be following in her footsteps.

She sighed. Getting in touch with Bail Organa seemed like it would be a difficult task. She was just a nobody citizen coming to Alderaan. But there was one word, the name of one person who would get her access to him:

Fulcrum.

~~~~~~

Noelle waited anxiously outside the Royal Palace of Alderaan where the Organa family lived. The Senator's wife was the Queen, and they had one daughter from what Noelle had heard.

Noelle had told one of the guards that "Fulcrum wishes to speak to Senator Organa."

The guard had apparently understood the meaning of the word and with that, he dashed off to find Senator Organa.

As she waited outside, she gazed at the snow-capped mountains behind the palace. It was so beautiful. Noelle had been to many astonishing and unique worlds over her time in the Clone Wars and in the Rebellion, but none so much even compared to Alderaan– except maybe for Naboo. If she could live anywhere in the galaxy, it would be here.

She laughed ironically to herself. She could never see herself settling down anywhere or ever being happy. At least not all alone. All her friends were dead. And Legolas? He was long gone, a thing of the past. Noelle tried so hard to remember her feelings for him, but they seemed like a distant memory. All she felt was numbness in her heart where love had once been. She was never left with anyone to care about. It almost seemed like something she should be used to at this point, losing people. But Noelle never did.

"Fulcrum?" A familiar voice interrupted her dreary thoughts.

Noelle turned around. Senator Organa was dressed in earthy tones of green and brown, much like the planet. He looked older than when she had last seen him and there was some grey in his beard.

"Senator," she said in a respectful tone. "I am so sorry for coming here on such short notice. I had nowhere else to go."

"Don't worry about it." Senator Organa placed an arm around her shoulder as if she were his own daughter. "This is the safest place in the galaxy. Come inside please. You must be tired."

Tired was an understatement, but Noelle graciously accepted. She was beyond exhausted of everything. She just hoped she wasn't putting Alderaan and the Organa family in danger. Even if she came to Alderaan, it was unlikely that Bail Organa of all people would be suspected of harboring a rebel fugitive.

Bail took her to where Noelle assumed was his office, and ordered the servants to get her food and drink.

"Sit down, please," he said. "I apologize for the mess. I thought this would be the safest place to talk. Less ears here."

Noelle nodded. "Well, distracted minds aren't always tidy."

Bail smiled. "Spoken truly."

They both fell silent as the servant brought in her meal. Bail thanked him and shut the door with a click.

"Now tell me, Noelle Smith, what brings you to Alderaan? I could not imagine you traveling here unless you were in dire need. Not to mention that you used Ahsoka's codename.'