i. bad mondays

CHAPTER ONE·

CHAPTER ONE
·.¸¸.· mr perfectly fine ·.¸¸.·

𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗖𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 Monday's, not because it was the day after the weekend or because it was the day school started. But because every time something bad happened it happened on a Monday. Her parent's divorce, her breakup with her ex, the day she nearly at a panic attack in front of her whole school in the 7th grade, and her sister's birth (ok maybe that one isn't so bad).

Looking back at each of those moments they shaped her into who she was today. The divorce taught her that even adults who were once in love could end at any given moment. Her breakup taught her that nothing good can last forever. Her panic attack taught her how to be strong even when you feel the whole world is against you. And her sister taught her that everyone could be annoying even without trying.

Each time something bad happened to Reece, there was always one person there for her. Josie Sinclair, her best friend since kindergarten. The girls were with each other through thick and thin. If one were to fall the other would pick them back up. They were inseparable.

Where Reece was the more outgoing friend, Josie was the more timid friend. Where Reece liked to perform, Josie liked to stay on the sidelines and help with the photography for the school newspaper. Where Reece liked putting herself out there, Josie hated the spotlight. They were complete opposites but that's what made them best friends.

"Junior year, Josie, it's time for new beginnings," Reece said with a smile on her face. She stood beside her best friend's locker waiting for the girl to finish. Josie looked at the redhead, a confused look etched on her face.

The brunette closed her locker shut, "A week ago you were telling me how you were dreading coming back to face you know who."

"I don't think I need to worry about Voldemort coming back, Jo." She said playfully as they walked up to her own locker.

Josie glared at her, "You know who I'm talking about."

"I couldn't care less about what EJ's been up to. I've decided I should stop worrying about some guy who broke my heart and solely focuses on myself."

"So you'll stop dating altogether?" Josie asked when they reached Reece's locker.

Reece nodded, "Yup, girls, guys and all."

That's when Josie noticed Nini and Kourtney talking. Reece was too busy getting her things to fit into the locker to notice what was going on.

Nini handed her phone over to Kourtney, "Girl, I am like 0.2 seconds away from making that my lock screen."

Kourtney smiled at her best friend, "I can't tell if you're glowing or sunburnt."

"Definitely glowing. Yeah, I had the best summer. Ever." That's when Josie noticed who the girls were talking about. It was only for a split second but she saw the picture they were fawning over. It was EJ Caswell aka Reece Hastings's ex-boyfriend.