xiii. thanksgiving without the thanks

CHAPTER THIRTEEN·

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

REECE HASTINGS was not looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner. She never enjoyed the holiday very much but this year would be far worse than before because this year Sean Granger would be joining the Hastings household.

She watched as Ricky and Nini sang Start of Something New while the dancers preformed alongside them. They were cut off by the bell indicating Drama class was finished for the day and it was time to go home.

"Yes! Yes!" EJ exclaimed, Reece smiled at his actions. "Sorry. I really love Thanksgiving."

"Okay, hold on." Miss Jenn stopped them before they could leave. "I know everyone is excited for the holiday break. But I'm me, and I have notes. Ricky and Nini, that was good. But it could be better. She said in the spirit of holiday cheer."

"Good save," Carlos whispered.

"Huh, I thought we sounded okay," Ricky said to Nini.

"Heck yeah, we're kind of killing it." Nini agreed.

"And Reece, when we get back from Thanksgiving weekend I'd like for you to preform your song." Miss Jenn added. Reece nodded.

—(••[ Reece Hastings ]••)—
junior

"Honestly, I'm kinda nervous. I mean I've performed in front of people before but this is for the musical, what if people don't like it? What if Miss Jenn decides to scrap the idea? What if they like it but the audience doesn't?" She began to panic, "I'm fine."

"Your homework over this break, all of you, is to please go on vocal rest. And go over your lines, too which is hard to do on vocal rest. But make it work. And remember may nothing ever block your doorway to happiness."

"Excuse me!" Mr. Mazzara came into the room.

"Okay, starting now."

Reece ignored their conversation as she stood next to EJ waiting for Willow and Josie to come back from photography club. "So I heard your dad's over for Thanksgiving." He said as she packed her bag.

"Yeah, it's definitely going to be something." She chuckled nervously.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, and if anything you're welcome to come over to Ashlyn's afterwards."

Reece smiled at his words, "Yeah, that sounds nice. Just hope it doesn't come down to that."

"Party at Ashlyn's after Thanksgiving tomorrow! Everyone's invited!" Carlos announced as the rest of them cheered.