xv. the show must go on

CHAPTER FIFTEEN·

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

REECE SAT ON THE STEPS of the high school, her eyes bloodshot red and her face stained with tears. She kept her head buried in her knees as she heard someone come out the doorway.

Everyone had already left for Denny's except for Reece and someone else. They wrapped their arms around the redhead letting her soak their t-shirt with her tears.

"Today was supposed to be perfect," she sobbed. The person didn't reply, the two just sat there as they stroked the girl's hair in silence.

♪♫ ♫♪

Earlier that day, opening night T-35 minutes

The redhead stood in the backstage area along with the rest of her castmates anxiously waiting for Ms. Jenn's instructions. She kept telling herself there was nothing to be nervous about, but she didn't believe herself. There was no particular reason as to why her anxiety was through the roof...it just was.

She flicked the rubber band she was wearing around her wrist. She used to wear the ring EJ got her, even after they'd broken up, but Kelsi didn't wear rings so she had no other option.

"We've got mystery flowers, people!" Carlos interrupted her thoughts. He came in caring a huge (but beautiful) bouquet of pink, purple and white flowers.

"Wow, those are massive." EJ said. He'd finally looked up from his phone that he had been staring at for the past 5 hours. Reece had tried to get him to stop but it was no use. His excuse was that it was something important, and although she highly doubted it, she didn't ask again.

"Why mystery?" Big Red asked.

"There's was no card, so, I'm guessing it's dealer's choice." Carlos chuckled. "But, if I had to bet I would say it's for our leading lady." He motioned towards Nini. She looked over at Ricky, expecting him to be the one who got them.

"Not from me. Sorry." He said.

"It's okay." She brushed it off.

"Head up, Mr. Caswell." Kourtney said applying a touch of makeup to the boys cheek. "You know Miss Jenn says this is a phone-free zone."

"I know but this is important." He said looking back down.

"Always is." She mumbled.

"I've been trying to get him to put it down all day, Kourt, it's not happening." Reece inputted as she applied mascara like Kourtney told her to.