Introduction

Before I tell you my story, have you ever read any superhero story? Maybe watched some? Because what I'm about to tell you will be somewhat like that. My name is Tyler Clockworth, and I can control time.

Now I know, right off the bat this sounds like a gimmick, but it's not. To understand how I came into this position in life, we need to go back to where, and when, it all started.

September 10, 2023.
I finally got my dream job, to work at Utopia Technologies, one of the most successful technology company in the country, nay the world! I just got my degree months ago and now I got accepted in this job as a technological consultant. I'm not gonna lie that's a pretty vague title given that this whole building is about technology, but I hope they brief me my job specifically.

2 Days Later
My first day as part of Utopia Technologies. Once I got toured the whole place (impressive coffee maker by the way), I was finally put into my lab. My team briefed me about what we're doing, and I couldn't believe it.

A time machine.

No, I don't have a magic screwdriver nor is my team composed of 2 birds, a small person and a guy with a heat gun, I'll explain how this works.

As an object approach the speed of light, time bends, but that's not the only way to dilate time. Gravitational lensing does the same as well, and apparently here at Utopia they finally made graviton work with string theory math, which means they have also solved the theory of everything, God I love this place!

So what they do is make the ship manipulate both gravity and speed in such a way that it will move forward or backward in time efficiently. Now you don't have to wait 4 hours to jump 4 years into the future. I am jealous I wasn't here on the building process, but I'm still lucky to be part of the testing.

They set a remote controlled, synchronized stopwatch on both here in the lab and inside the ship, and theoretically if we make the ship travel 5 minutes into the future, our stopwatch would say 5 minutes have passed, whereas in the ship barely a minute has.

I get to press the launch sequence for the ship, and it's finally getting started. I can't believe we will finally have time travel, oh the possibilities.

As the countdown begins for the temporal jump, I stand on the hangar, ready to see what can only be described as magic.

Dr. Pirkek was staring somewhere, and he looks dumbfounded, but I couldn't tell where he's looking at. I am too excited to see this.

5.
4.
3.
2.
1.

There's a weird glowing thing that seems to be approachi-

4 Months Later
Where am I? Oh, that's a dumb question, of course I'm in a hospital. My eyes are blurry but I can see the heart monitor, and the nurse's uniform, and the fact that it smells like a hospital.

I tried to get up, but I can't feel my legs. "Don't get up yet, you just woke up", said the nurse. "You've been in here for 4 months, no one has visited you since, so I just regularly stay here to take care of you".

That was nice, but my mind kept asking one thing: all I remember was a blast, why did it take 4 months to wake me up from a concussion?

It took a few days and a pair of crutches for me to walk again but I got out of the hospital. I have to go to work, to ask some questions, and see if I still work there.

One of the people who were at the test sequence, Dr. Allen Pirkek, is at the lounge.

"What happened to me? Why did it took so long for me to wake up?" I asked. Allen answered, "You were closest to the blast, but that's not the main reason why you got knocked off for 4 months".

"What is it then?"
"When we tried to combine gravitational lensing technology with Tachyonic propulsion, instead of just bending time and space in such a way that the ship would leap into the future, it tore through it. You've been hit by massive amounts of energy emitted by the force that makes time flow, we're calling it Temporal Energy. Everyone else was behind something that absorbed it, so we've been doing some tests on the residue on the walls and glass to see if we can study this, although we still don't know any property of it other than it could get you unconscious. It's Dark Matter all over again."

I thanked Dr. Pirkek and walked outside. "God if only my legs started healing faster, then I wouldn't need these chopsticks". Suddenly, my legs did heal. I can walk normally again, I started running and threw my crutches, I hope I won't be needing them again.

As I was running I kept looking, observing, thinking. What happened? Did I just receive a God-like power? I say something and it happens? Or maybe it's relevant to what Dr. Pirkek said? I was too distracted by my train of thought that I didn't notice I was running in a hallway with a guy selling the other meth, I froze and stared at them. They had guns. Because I looked so scared, they thought I would call the police, but before I could say a word the seller took his gun out and is about to shoot me, except he didn't. He didn't? He did, but time is slowed down to a crawl, I touched the bullet, which was really hot, so I just took his gun, hoping his arm won't break. I threw it on the ground and ran away.

I can't believe it. I can control time. 4 months ago, I couldn't imagine being part of the team that has time travel technology, now I manifested the power to do more than that.

I decided to go back in time and see what happened.

September 12, 2023
It's easy sneaking in this building, they didn't even notice the fact that I have different hair. I walked to the hangar where I viewed what was gonna happen (or what has happened) in a safe distance. Dr. Pirkek saw me, not me in the past, me now, he saw 2 versions of me's, and is now probably thinking about it. It doesn't matter now, everyone is looking at the ship. And there it was, a large, green circle that looks like a nebula, and out that hole comes energy so dense, it is visible, or at least it made air so hot it glowed. It overwhelmed my body and I ragdolled into a comatosed, half-dead scientist. I went back to the present as soon as I could to escape further attention.