Danger!

"Behind you!"
I dodged the pulse, ran up to the gunner, disarmed him and punched him away. We took off all the enemies' weapons and handed them to the police. We went back to base. Brandon started talking with me as we dressed into normal clothes.

"That's the 3rd high-tech army we fought"
"Technically it's just a group of people they're probably not an army"
"Their weapons look the same either the place they're getting it from keeps welcoming robbers or they're part of something"
"I dunno, maybe we should investigate into this"

We walked to the living room where Patty and Allen are. "Don't you think we should go back home for a while?" Patty said

"Yeah, sure, what's the occassion?" I asked

"No ocassion," Allen said. "it's just staying here for a long time might get people suspicious about our activities and-"

"We need to stay under the radar yes"

"I haven't beaten upside down minecraft yet" Brandon added.

"Alright, there's no problem with that, we can all go here instantly if there's a problem"

We all teleported to Manhattan.

"Sweet, I'll go run back to my place to check if it's.... dusty" Brandon said as he ran.

"I'll go check Utopia if they have any tech that could've gotten stolen. Patty wanna go with?" Allen asked

"Sure!" Patty answered

It took me a while to figure out that I was left alone in my apartment hallway. I went to a local coffee shop to get a quick boost. As I'm eating my croissant, a girl approached me.

"Mind if I share a seat?" She asked. She looks like she's studying something so I let her sit with me. She keeps looking at me intermittently, with increasing frequency as time lapses.

"I'm sorry," she said. "But aren't you the technical consultant that got an almost fatal accident in Utopia?"

"I'm actually a doctor of engineering now. I've been studying for a long time now and I got my doctorate"

"That's cool!"

"I would've gotten it last year if I wasn't almost killed by an experiment"

She laughed. I'm kind of feeling we have some connection, and she's my type, ginger, glowing blue eyes, smooth supple skin like bread dough, and she laughs at my morbid jokes.

"What do you think about that guy, Chronos?" She asked.

"Chronos? Oh the superhero guy with magic green lasers" I responded. She laughed.

"I wonder if he's hot under that suit"

"How do you know it's a he? Could be a girl, with all the woman empowerment we've had recently maybe someone had superpowers"

"His behavioral patterns when he confronted that speedster was radiating masculinity, and his instinct to save everyone first is a natural male behavior"

"You're really good at that"

"I hope so, I'm a psychologist"

"Oh that makes sense. So what are you writing?"

"It's a book about the mental state of people with superpowers, lately there's been a lot of them. Oh, I'm sorry it's time for my shift, here's my number, call me anytime" she said, while handing me a piece of paper.

"This better not be for appointments" I replied jokingly

"It might be an appointment, if you plan on taking me out sometime" she said. She gave me a wink and walked away.