The Deception

"I can't, I can't save us"

"Maybe there is another way"

"There is one, but I can't"

"Why?"

"Because it will change everything. We're all gonna die. I'm sorry"

8 Hours Earlier

"If you have the power of slowing down time, why do you need to work on faster reflexes?" Patty asked

"Because if and when my abilities become supressed, I have to fight my way through old school style" I said. It has been 7 months since I received temporal energy from the lab accident, and we have been training everyday. We also have been building a base/lair as some sort of 2nd home, to store all of our equipment and to conceal our real recidency. Our place needed to be really far from our home and cheap and large, so we bought a 2 hectare land in San Rafael, Bulacan in the Philippines. It has a lot of trees so we used a quarter of it to build the foundations of the house, then filled up the now empty space with a solar farm and an industrial-grade UPS. Underground we connected our water supply to the river, which passes through a 27 stage commercial water filter, so we don't need to pay for electricity or water. We split payment for our 1gbps internet, which only costs $200 a month. Utopia has a pretty good supercomputer collecting dust after we upgraded to a quantum supercomputer, I filed a request to take it and Utopia just gave it to us for free, since apparently everyone is too excited at the quantum computer that no one batted an eye for the one that handled most of the company's data for over 5 years. Brandon added 4 RTX 2080ti's in SLI so we can play Minecraft in max graphics. To conceal the true nature of our place, most of our stuff are underground, what's on the surface is just some sort of rest house. We made our underground base earthquake proof. Going here is easy too, with my powers and Brandon's "UBER Instant" teleportation device, we can go back and forth with ease.

"Thank you so much for helping us pay with all of these Dr. Pirkek" Patty said. "I'm not spending my money on anything. Because of my contributions to the company, they have given me a lot of raise in the 27 years I have been working here. I inherited our house, so most of my money just goes to savings. Eventually that savings got interest too."
"Exactly how much do you have?" Patty asked. Allen showed her his bank account on his phone. "Woah. And that's after you paid for all of this?" Patty exclaimed. Allen just nodded, walked away and laughed.

"You know, we can pay you this monthly" I said. "Don't bother, I think not dying from supernatural threats is already a good price."

We're going to stay here for a while. Our lab finished the nanotech defribillator gauntlets and mass producing it, so they gave my team a 3 month break.

"Let's check the EWS" Brandon said.

"EWS? As in, for earthquakes?" Patty asked.

"This is different." Brandon answered. "This is an Early Warning System for anyone that uses their powers. All of these, shall we say, Homo Supernius, draws their power from a specific energy of the universe. We already know that Tyler Uses Temporal energy, and Impetus Tachyon energy. I've added those to the database, and any spike in those and unknown energy forms will be detected from the Utopia satellites. I've also hidden a lot of scanners around the world that can detect anything in a 150km radius, in case we need to save people from a fire or something."

"Where did you get the money for that?" I asked.

"Uhm... *clears throat* Dr. Pirkek" he replied.

"Again, it saves us from us dying" Allen said.

The EWS rang.

"It's coming from Manila" Brandon said. "I'm getting readings of some sort of neuroelectrical/neurochemical phenomenon. Don't worry, your suit is immune from it."