𝚁 𝚄 𝙼 𝙸 𝙴

For the 23 years that I've lived, I never felt giddy inside

It must have been the way Malcom said those words. And I didn't like it. I didn't want any bubbles inside me.

I was fine and always in control with my emotions.

"What are you wearing to go meet Mr. Sexy pants tonight?" Kez asked as she made herself comfortable on my bed.

"I'm not dressing to impress him that's for sure"

But it wouldn't hurt to have him drooling over me. Though I hated his intense stares and the way he's ugly eyes looked at me for way too long.

The doorbell suddenly rang draining all the color from my body.

"My mum's here " I said and Kez spat out her water.

"Why didn't you tell me her highness was coming?" She stressed out and cleaned her lips as she stood up to arrange her outfit.

"Ok hygiene check up" I said and we both nodded.

Constance De Lisle was a woman who loved checking people's hygiene. Especially mine and Kez as well.

"Armpits"

"Check"

"Teeth"

"Check"

"Lipgloss"

"Check"

"Extra perfume"

"Check"

"No weird butt smell"

"Che- wait what" I asked her.

"You know that weird butt smell- just forget it remember her highness is waiting"

Right right.

We both straightened out our dresses and then I opened the door to reveal my mother and my dad behind her.

She stood tall dark and beautiful just like me. I was the exact replica of my mother. Though I wasn't usually dressed in fancy huts and designer dresses with gloves.

"Maman" I greeted her as we exchanged air kisses.

"Papa" I greeted more cheerfully and hugged him.

"Moi bebe " he said and pecked my cheeks causing me to scrunch my face in distaste.

"Don't think you'll ever get too old for it , d'accord"

"Oui, papa"

My dad was way simpler compared to my mum. He didn't dress up that much unless my mum had forced him to.

I closed the door and lead both of them to the living room as Kez engages herself into a conversation with my dad.

"So who is this girl your brother is marrying" my asks getting straight to the point.

"Her name is Reliah and she's wonderful, maman" I assure her.

"I'll be the judge of that" she says and I hear Kez gulp.

.......

"Hurry up were going to be late" Kez said rushing me as she picked up her phone.

"Kez is there a time that I've ever been early" I retort.

"Fair point" she said and sat on the bed to wait for me as I did my make up.

It was a sports event and seating near sweaty smelly people wasn't exactly my thing. I decided to wear a long t-shirt with boy shorts and my sneakers.

After brushing hair I tied my du -rang and picked up a tiny cross bag before I stood up.

"You look hot " Kez admired as she stood up.

"Let's go" I said with a small smile on my face.

.....
This chapter is unedited