Chapter two - The Arrival

The carriage pulled to a holt in front of the King and Queen. A footman walked calmly to the door as if he had all the time in the world. The Queen noticed her tower, her prison, to her left. As the door opened the King nudged her. "Gwendolyn, smile" was all he said. She swallowed down her thoughts and forced herself to smile. As she looked up she met the eyes of the most beautiful human to ever walk the earth, her smile was like the sun after a storm, calming and the very thing she needed. The duchess walked towards them with her golden gown floating around her. It came to her ankles and had thin sleeves. Her golden heels glittered in the evening sun. She was an angel and the queen was the devil. Her husband stepped out of the carriage after her. The queen didn't pay much attention to him however. She watched, star struck as the angel walked towards her. The angel then curtsied "Your Majesty, I am Helena, duchess of the northern district" she bowed her head. The Queen raised the duchess head and smiled. "Gwendolyn" was all she could say. The king and Dutch walked into the palace as the Queen and duchess followed making small talk.
Dinner was mainly filled with the men talking about the wars between the north and west districts. You see, the war broke out 3 years ago when the north district tried to take over the west district over some land. The queen zoned back into the conversation. "We could form alliances Dawson. We have enough money to renovate your district" the king considered it for a minute "what will we have to do to seal the alliance?" The Dutch sighed and closed his eyes. "My wife is pregnant, a little boy. If you and the queen could have a girl, they could marry and join the districts." Panic shot through the Queens veins. She couldn't have kids. She hated them. The Duchess stood up and slammed her hand onto the table. Rage filled her beautiful face. "He's not even born and you're selling him off for business!" She yelled. The Queen smirked. The dutch tried to Calm his wife. However, all he got in return was a dirty look. "Walk with me Gwendolyn" the Queen stood up and walked with the duchess.
They entered the royal gardens and the duchess sat down and put her head in her hands. Gwendolyn joined her on the bench. They sat in silence listening to the birds. They sat there until the sun was beginning to set. They began the walk back to the palace. Just before they entered the doors to the palace the duchess turned to the queen. "I hate kids" was all she said before walking into the palace leaving the queen in a state of shock.

End of part 2, hope you enjoyed it! :)