Chapter 3 - The Deal

3 days had passed since the Dutch and king had sold off their future children to secure the alliance of their districts. The queen had stayed hidden safely in the royal library away from her husband. However, the doors swung open and the king walked in. He sat in front of her. "Gwendolyn, one of ladies of the court, she is pregnant, it's mine." Thick silence entered the room. The queen looked him in the eyes. Her eyes were empty, void of all emotions. "Boo hoo, well at least it's not me" the king frowned and stood up. "When this is all over, I am never letting you out of that tower again." The queen rolled her eyes and glared at the kings retreating back.
Hours passed as the queen read book after book. She felt at home with the books. Each taking her on a new adventure. Taking her out of this hellish prison. A place where the king could never reach her. The doors opened and the queen was pulled from her book. The duchess appeared sheepishly "I was told I could find you here" the queen smiled. "Do you know a good place to find books about kids, I know nothing about them" she laughed a forced laugh, almost a bark. The queen frowned. Then shook her head. "I can help you look" the angel smiled at her and they spend 2 hours looking for a kids book in the huge library. Eventually, the queen stumbled quite literally across a book called 'what to expect when you're expecting' she rolled her eyes at the cringy title. She picked it up and carried it to the duchess. The queen then sat back down in her chair and curled up with a book. She awoke with the feeling someone was watching her. The duchess was no where to be seen. She looked to her left and shrieked. A man was staring at her. "Your majesty, time to take your medicine" the queen backed away from the man. Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw the machine behind her. "Electric shocks, it cures insanity my love" came the kings voice from behind her. Her eyes widened and she scrambled out of the chair and began to run to the exit. One of the guards ran at her from the side and tackled her to the floor. She queen shouted but was quickly silenced by a piece of fabric being shoved in her mouth. The guards lifted her to the table where the man was setting up his machine. Two guards pinned her feet to the table and two pinned her hands and the king stood and watched as the man hooked her up to the machine. "Oh, it might hurt your majesty, but that's only the insanity leaving you. It will be worth it, you'll feel better afterwards" the queen frowned at the nonsense this man was spewing. The man turned on the machine. It made a buzzing and crackling sound as the electricity coursed into the metal in his hands. He wore rubber gloves. "25 volts, that's where we'll start." The king frowned "no, start at 60" everyone's eyes widened and the queen began to fight against the guards. Shouting into her gag. The man turned it up to 60 and placed the metal against her temples. The last thing the queen felt and heard before she fell unconscious was a sharp pain in her head and the doors open and a shout.

hope that wasn't too bad, it's a little spicy now hahah. Hope you enjoyed. :)