Chapter 5

Nova

Nova

Me and major been hanging out lately.I can't lie but it do feel different hanging with someone that's...yk the word.

"What u thinking bout?"mirah came

Nothing

"Oh naw girl u in deep thought about something.wat is it?"Kiyah asked sittin down at the island.

I-Iam just really processing everything that's been going on for the past couple of days.
I sighed.it all just felt soo different n I didn't really kno how to adjust with it.

"Wym,wit that homeless boy?"kiyah

Can y'all stop addressing him like that,his name is major.
I sighed

"Nova wat could he possibly do for you,you always said how u want someone rich,big house on the hills wit a pool and a handsome man that works in a suit in tie bringing home money...major dose not fit the image baby."Mirah said

Ik Ik,in that's y I'm so confused because it's like do I really want to get myself involved with all this.Am I ready for all this.

"I mean..just follow your heart.He just might be the man of your dreams,he just didn't get started wit wat life has to offer him."kiyah said

"Now girl u know that ain't the man of her dreams,he Doesn't even have a stabled place to lay his head at"mirah said smacking her teeth.

Just give him a chance mirah,u don't see wat I see.

"The only thing we can do is support her mirah,like she said we may not see the things she see,know the things she know,but everyone has to start somewhere.Im here for you and support u baby.just calm down in let everything flow"kiyah said as she stood up to hug me rubbing my back.

Thanks girl,mirah is no help at all

"Best I'm just looking out for u trying to make sure u do wats right"mirah said

For who?u or me?this is my life mirah not yours

"Alr Alr I hear u,but wen shii go down hill ,just know I told u so."she sighed

~Major

Today I was at work,I really want to go n take a shower due to all this sweating I was doin.I don't get paid until Friday.after hours I got off work and went to a homeless shelter.I had to walk because I gave my dad his car back.

I signed in and went inside.The gave me a blanket and a bag that had food in it wit a bed n 2 shirts 2 draws n 2 pants.I was grateful.

I sat down and ate.I try not to let me being homeless get to me.Sometimes I just want to break down and cry but I was always taught if I cry I'm considered a pussy because men don't cry.

I started thinkin of India causing a smile to grow on my face.But then it instantly faded wen I thought about how she could easily walk out bc of my funds.

I can't treat her how she's supposed to be,she had a 2 story home and here  I am at a shelter n sleeping in cars.It could be easier if I told my ppls but they to judgmental n leave it up to them and the whole world gone know.