Chapter 9

Major

Major

It been 3 days and nova is ignoring my calls.And she's not replying back to my text.Hoping everything is alright with her I started heading to her house after I got off work coming from the shelter hoping nothings wrong wit her.

I said my prayers as I walked up to the door knocking.Then I was met with those beautiful eyes but not that gorgeous smile of hers.Wen she seen me she closed the door but I put my foot in front holding it open confused.

India?Baby Wsp wit u?
I said pushing that door back open seeing her face.

"U can't be here,I don't wanna communicate with you,please leave"she said looking everywhere but me.

Wait wait,wat did I do?

"Just go major"

Please baby,u the best thing that ever-

"Nova where-wait did u just say major?Is he at the door?"I heard some lady asked.

"Yes but he was just leaving"nova said trying to close it but the door swung open to a lady that looked like India.She mugged me looking me up and down.

Hello,how u doi-
I tried speak but she cut me off

"So your major huh?"she east me.

Yes ma'am,nice to meet u and u are?
I asked holdin my hand out to shake.

"I decline.My name is jasmine I'm nova's mother,a business lady who has a lot of money and owns business along wit my husband."

I smiled at her and her husband success.

That's amazing,India is really lucky to have you guys as parents,u keep being successful.

"Uhh yess,that I will do but her name is nova young man"

Yes Ik but I like to call her India
I smiled as I looked at nova who turned her head away from me.

"Ahh yess but it's nova for u,anyways u need to leave this property,My daughter didn't wanna say this to hurt your feelings but I'm going to say it"

I prepared for wat I was about to hear as I stood up str8 taking a deep breath.

"She tells me ur homeless and living in a shelter,is that right?"I looked over at India to help me understand where this is goin.

Yes ma'am but I'm tryin my best to-

So she tells me u can't provide for her and ur not the type of man she needs in her circle.

I could feel my body and my happiness drop to my feet.I was trying my best,I been putting money to the side.I always thought about her n use that as motivation to go harder in life.

India please tell me this isn't true,I'm trying and u know this,we talk about it on the phone all the time.
I tried to smile to bring hope back.I tried grabbing her hand but she pulled it back shaking her head no.

"She also tells me that your homeless and can't take care of her,u can't benefit her,ur just a bad habit that she needs to drop.U have no car,no house,no money,and ur not going to college,I always tell my daughter not to settle for less,know her standards and get a rich man with a house on a hill and own businesses.That's the man she needs and wants.Not some homeless man that lives in a shelter.I'm sorry but u are just not the one for her.She doesn't want to walk around with someone that smells like outside and got dirt marks on his clothes and wears the same thing over n over again."her mother goes on n on as my body continues to shut down.As her mom was talking my eyes was on India the whole time as she never made Eye contact.

"So please if your willing to..ugh leave and like never come back then she will be very happy and will find someone better.So please get off this property."her mom fake smiled as I put on the same smile hiding my tears behind it.

Umm yeah,ugh It was nice meeting u and  umm nice seeing u again India,I just stopped by to make sure u were ok bc u weren't answering or text-

"Yess yess now leave b4 I kindly call the police"her mother said again.

Oh yeah..B-bye India.I enjoyed ur company and everything else u did for me,thank u.

"Would u please leave Alr"her mother said rolling her eyes.I looked at India one more time.Then I walked away as the door closed.I looked back and she was gone.I walked slowly down the streets thinkin bout wat just happened,reminiscing the good times.

I wiped the tear that fell.Then more fell as I wiped them away.I got back to the shelter and laid down still thinking bout her.So I went in texted her for the last time.

   𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑖f 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒.𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑦  𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠.𝑈 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑'𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛,𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑘𝑎𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑘 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛'𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑒𝑥𝑡𝑠.𝐼 k𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑐 𝑜𝑓 my 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑠.𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑢 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑤 𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒.𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔.𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒.𝐼 𝑑𝑜 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚 𝑚𝑎𝑛.𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑠h 𝑢 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒.𝐺𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑏𝑦𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑎.