Chapter 8

Nova

Nova

"Nova where's the food at?No hospitality"my mother came downstairs with her silk rob and bonnet"

I don't eat full meals,I run in the morning with my smoothie drink right here.It's food in there make something work

"U don't ever tell me no stuff like that,do u hear me?"

Yes ma'am,now I'm leaving for my run

As I was running I started running all the anger,the stress,the frustration off.My mind always went clear while I ran.It was my peace.

~~~Jasmine

This little Girll,wat did she turn out to be.I raised her better then that.Anybody will be happy to have her spot as my daughter.

"Gm hunny and wat are u talkin to your self about?"my husband kace asked me as he kissed my cheek.

I'm just thinkin bout nova and how she turned out.I'm disappointed babe.
I said as I took pots out

"For wat,I think she's doin a fantastic job,I'm so proud of her."

No no no,she's falling for a homeless guy-

"First I want u to get into the habit of using his name instead of addressing him as homeless"

Well major is not in the right state to have someone like nova in his circle,she deserves more

"But wat if major is all she needs or u never kno if there just right for each other?U never kno babe so just give him and her a chance.And from wat she's sayin there jus friends so no worries."

But baby wat if he walks around with her and have dirt marks on his clothes or have a bad Oder?How would that make her look?Like someone who doesn't care and I didn't  raise her like that!

"He lives in the shelter,they have showers there. Hunny."

Well she never said if he had a job or not.Or a car! how do he even buy her roses,wat by stealing them out of people gardens?

"Stop it,right now jasmine.U don't know this man so please stop judging.If I'm ok wit it and nova is ok wit it then u shouldn't be so worried about it.Simple.As long as he's not disrespecting her,we're good until further notice."

"Oh wow,I see major is the #1 topic of the house.Mom u obviously don't like him wen u never met him,so stop talkin bout him,please!
I'm not talking anymore so y'all can change the subject now n stop bringing him up!"nova walked in the house all sweaty.

Girl go take a shower,u all sweaty

"I just came from running of course I am."

"Both of u chill out.u cook and u take a shower and get ready for breakfast."

"I'm not eating,Im just gonna take a shower then go in start my online classes for the day."

Yess,yess,u go to that and make me proud

"I'm doing it for me,not u,obviously nothing is good enough for u"nova said rolling her eyes.

Go take a shower b4 we have a problem with that slick mouth of yours.

"This is my house"she mumbled as she walked off.I was going after her until kace pulled me back.

"Just chill babe"

How can I chill wen she has a mouth that is so disgusting.Eww she makes me sick-

"Don't even finish that sentence.At the end of the day that's still our daughter"