Chapter 7

Rose’s POV

I groaned as a bright white light shined in my face. My eyes slowly opened, and I had to blink a couple times to adjust my vision. I went to turn my body, and I winced. A shooting pain exploded by my stomach. I looked down as best I could and saw a white bandage taped around my torso.

“Ssh, you’re okay, darlin’.” A voice whispered, placing a comforting hand on my forehead.

I turned my head slightly to see Raylan looking down at me. I shakily forced a smile.

“Where am I?” I whispered, voice scratchy.

“You’re in the hospital, Rose. Do you remember anything?” Raylan asked, softly, caressing my hair.

“Um, not much. I know that Boyd kidnapped me, and um, shot me—where is he?!” I asked, starting to panic.

“We locked him up. He won’t hurt you again.” Raylan spoke matter of factly.

I let out a sigh of relief. “When do I get out of here?” I asked, smirking a little.

“The nurse said whenever you wake up. Which, just so happens to be now.” Raylan replied, smirking.

“Sounds great.”

Raylan gripped my hand tightly over the console as we drove away from the hospital. I was staring out the window, smiling to myself. If I hadn’t been, I wouldn’t have noticed that we drove right past the motel.

“Um, Raylan?” I questioned, looking at him in confusion.

“Yes, darlin’?” he smirked, looking back at me.

“We passed the motel.” I stated.

“I’m aware, my dear.”

A smile played at my lips as minutes later, we arrived at none other than Raylan’s house.

He turned off the ignition, and got out of the car. He walked around to open up my door for me.

I got out, and looked up into his eyes, leaning against the car.

“Why are we here?” I asked, a playful glint in my eye.

Raylan grinned, showing his perfect teeth, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“You’re living with me.” He stated, getting right to the point.

“Is that so?” I teased, leaning closer to his face.

Raylan chuckled, “Is that a problem, darlin’?”

“I don’t believe it to be. Where’s all my stuff?” I asked.

“I brought it over while you were in the hospital, baby.” Raylan replied, placing his hand gently on my face, rubbing his thumb along my cheek.

I giggled lightly, trying not to blush. “How did I get so lucky?”

“I don’t quite know. But I ain’t going anywhere, Rose.” Raylan told me, love shining in his eyes.

With that, he kissed me lustfully.

I pulled back, slightly out of breath. “What do you say we visit the bedroom?” I whispered, biting my lip seductively.

Raylan smirked, raising an eyebrow. “Lead the way, darlin’.”

I grabbed his hand, and we raced into the house.

As soon as we reached the bedroom, we collapsed on the bed, tangled together. Raylan lifted my shirt over my head. He gently ran his hands down my body, especially over the bandage. His lips found my neck, and I shivered with pleasure. He tore off his shirt, and his flawless body was exposed.  

I smirked, as my hands found the button of Raylan's jeans. He kicked them off, and then slid my pants off as well. Our lips met again, our tongues intertwining. After a few more seconds, the rest of our clothes formed a heap on the floor, and we were both naked. I was tingling in all the right places, and I wrapped my legs around Raylan's torso, urging him on.

Let’s just say it was quite a homecoming.