Chapter 10

1 month later, Rose’s POV

“Aww, hi baby girl.” I cooed to my one month old daughter as I bounced her on my lap. She let out a giggle, and I smiled wide. I placed a kiss on her forehead, and  looked at her softly. She had my eyes, and Raylan’s nose. She was going to be quite the beauty when she grew up. Her daddy was going to be beating boys off with bats all the time. Speaking of her daddy…

I felt hands cover my eyes from behind, and I let out a laugh.

“Hmm, I wonder who it is?” I said out loud, smirking.

I could hear Raylan’s soft manly chuckle in my ear, and I shivered in response against him.

“Why don’t you find out, darlin’?”

I smirked, gripped Juliet tightly, and turned around in my seat, face-level with Raylan.

My gaze flicked to his lips, and I chuckled, biting my lip seductively.

“So you’re home, I see.” I whispered, this time meeting his eyes.

His eyes seemed to twinkle with mischief, and his hand caressed my cheek.

Our lips met, and moved in sync. The passion was building. After a couple minutes, I pulled back though.

Our foreheads rested together, and I laughed.

“Our daughter is in the room, baby.” I said, looking down at the bouncing bundle of joy in my arms.

Raylan returned my laugh, circled around the couch, and sat down next to us.

She held out her small arms towards Raylan, and I smirked.

“She wants her daddy.”

Raylan smiled attractively as I handed his daughter to him.

She giggled happily as soon as Raylan smiled down at her. He kissed her forehead, and started tickling her, causing her to erupt in another round of giggles, also causing Raylan to genuinely start laughing. We made eye contact with each other, and Raylan winked. I could feel my insides tingling with butterflies.

“Hi, darlin’. Daddy’s here, and he loves you.” Raylan said to Juliet.

Without meaning to, I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

“Excuse me..” I whispered, standing up, and walking into the hall. I steadied myself against the wall, as the tears fell down my face. They were from a mixture of emotions. Happy, because my life was turning around. But sad, because it seemed too good to be true.

I turned at the footsteps that stopped behind me.

“Where’s Juliet?” I asked.

“In her crib.” Raylan answered simply.

I nodded in understanding. I met his eyes, and concern clouded them.

“Rose, why are you crying?” He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I let out a short laugh, and wiped my eyes.

“I don’t know..I’m just..—“I started to say. I didn’t really know how to convey my feelings.

“What is it? You can tell me anything darlin’.”

I sighed, a small smile playing at my lips. “I’m just…so happy. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought things would get better for me. I didn’t expect to come here, and meet you. You’re the best thing to ever happen to me, and now we have a kid together? Everything’s perfect. But-“

Raylan smirked playfully. “But what?”

“But I feel like it’s too perfect. What if something bad happens? I can’t lose you or Juliet, Raylan.”

He let out a breath, and just stared at me with a loving gaze. He brought his hands to either side of my face, and kissed me softly.

After a minute, we pulled back. “You won’t lose me. Or Juliet. I’ll make sure of it. I will protect you two with my life. You girls are my life. Rose, I love you. I want to marry you.”

My eyes widened, and a disbelieving smile etched onto my lips. “Really?”

Raylan smiled, his eyes wrinkling slightly in the corners. “Really.”

I could feel myself blushing. “Wow. Who woulda thought..”

Raylan laughed, and kissed my forehead. “Let’s take it day by day. We have the rest of our lives to enjoy every second. And I plan to spend it all with you and our daughter.”

I smirked, and grabbed his hand tightly. We walked out of the hallway, and to Juliet’s crib, where she was squirming excitedly at the sight of her parents.

I picked her up gently, and sat down on the couch, with Raylan following suit.

I laid my head on his shoulder, and we both laughed at our daughter’s bubbly antics.

I closed my eyes, and let out a content sigh, as Raylan’s arm slipped around me protectively.

This was where I belonged. I was home, and I was never going to leave.

The End.

A/N Welp, that's it! The final chapter!! I hoped you like this short story, I loved writing it!! Vote and comment. (my goal is at least 1K reads for this story; help me get there!) x

I am now taking a hiatus from writing to focus on college. If I suddenly get a jolt of inspiration, and decide to write another story, I'll let you guys know. Maybe I'll write a sequel to my Adam Levine story, who knows? If i were to, it would occur during the summer. But there is absolutely NO guarentee that I will. Thank you to all who have read all of my stories, or have read just one! It all means alot to me, and I appreciate it so much! I hope to eventually get back to writing because I love to do it! I love you all so much, and if any of my fellow readers have stories that they're starting or working on, comment the names  and I'll add them to my library. I like to read as much as I love to write!! :))

Until next time,

Hannah xx

P.S. Guess who's going to see an Aerosmith concert this summer??? Yep, that would be me. I can't believe it is actually happening. I'm still in shock. :)