Chapter 8

1 week later, Rose's POV

I yawned as I opened my eyes. I turned over in my bed to find Raylan propped up next to me in bed, smiling.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked, a smirk playing on my lips.

Raylan leaned down closer, and his breath against my face made a shiver run up my spine, in a good way.

"I like watching you sleep. It's cute." He smiled attractively, before his lips met mine.

The kiss intensified, and Raylan rolled over on top of me, pinning me to the bed.

I giggled against the kiss, and Raylan smiled.

I glanced over at the clock, and gasped, my gaze landing back on him.

"You're late for work!" I bit my lip playfully.

"Let'em wait." Raylan replied.

"Won't you get into trouble? You are one of the Marshalls, you know." I chuckled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Raylan smirked. "Darlin', does it look like I give a damn?"

I smiled to myself, as I fixed some hot chocolate in the kitchen, a couple hours later. Every thought that crosses my mind these days pertains to Raylan. He has really been a shining light in my life. I feel so lucky to have him.

I grabbed my mug, and sat down at the kitchen table. I sipped it periodically, while gazing out the window. I was lost in thought, when the doorbell rang, breaking me out of my reverie.

I stood up, and walked over to the door, opening it.

A strange, yet somewhat familiar man stood on the other side. I furrowed my brow.

"Who are you looking for?" I asked, scanning this stranger with my eyes.

"Um, a Miss Rose James."

My eyes widened, and then I realized who it was. My ex-boyfriend, Rick.

"Why are you here, and how did you find me?" I asked calmly.

"I heard about Boyd's arrest, and your unfortunate kidnapping. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Oh, well I'm fine, Rick. Thanks for the concern." I replied, with a slight smile, starting to close the door.

His hand stopped it in its path, and he looked upset.

"There's one more thing, Rosie. The real reason I came all the way here." I winced internally at the use of my old nickname.

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm here to ask for your forgiveness." Rick admitted.

I sighed, "If this was any other time in my life, I wouldn't be able to forgive you, but I'm in a better place now. So, I forgive you, Rick."

His face lit up at my statement. "Thank you, Rose. I'll be on my way then. I hope you have a great life."

This time, my smile was genuine. "You too, Ricky."

Raylan's POV

I was on my lunch break from work, and I was going to use it to go see how Rose was. Just thinking about her brought a huge smile to my face. No woman has ever made me feel this way, and Rose does. I was in love with her.

I pulled up into the driveway of my house. I turned off the engine and saw an unfamiliar man making his way to a car, and Rose standing in the front doorway.

I waited until the guy drove away, and stepped out of the car. I smirked at her teasingly.

"Cheating on me already, I see."

Rose chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Oh please. I could never. That was Rick, my accomplice in the whole heist thing with Boyd that I told you about."

I furrowed my brow, confusion on my face, and my hand on my holster.

"But why was he here?" I asked.

"He wanted to ask my forgiveness, surprisingly. I think it was a form of closure for him, and to be honest, baby, it was for me too."

I smiled, pulling her closer. "Good for you, darlin'."

She giggled, and we were about to kiss, when she pulled back abruptly.

She said nothing, and raced to the bathroom, me on her heels.

Without warning, she vomited into the toilet. Being the gentlemen I am, I grabbed her hair gently, holding it back for her.

After a couple minutes, she finished, and she looked up at me, nervousness in her eyes. I could see the problem written on her face, and I knew. And for some reason, I wasn't nervous or scared like she was. I was excited. Okay, maybe I was a little nervous.

"Raylan....I'm pregnant. I found out a couple days ago."

I smiled genuinely, caressing her cheek softly with my hand.

"I know, darlin', and you know what? Everything is going to be perfect."