1. Are we meant to be together

I rechecked my things before leaving from my house. Mom and dad went to Coimbatore to attend a wedding ceremony of our relation. Otherwise they'll have numerous advices to deliver before I leave. Still I miss their presence. They have always motivated me to make wise decisions.

Now I've got a chance to attend the World Conference on Climate Change. I feel proud to be one among those who have been selected. I reached the airport. I'll reach Mumbai within two hours. There I'll meet other people with whom I'll be traveling. Mom has called me regarding my safely landing.

After a while, I met up with them. Anita was an IIT student from Delhi. Raghav, an biomedical student from Rajasthan. Nanci, an M.B.A student from Kerala. Vimal was an Law student from Punjab. Everyone were friendly with me.

Anita and I became friends sooner and started discussing things. We seated according to our seat numbers. Vimal happened to be seated near me. He was a charming young man with impressive ideas regarding the solutions to create balance between nature and technology.

"Vimal, I feel so happy to hear about your ideas. I'm gonna learn a lot from you" I complimented him. He seemed different and I liked that.

"Pooja, its nice to see someone who is patient enough to hear out my ideas. Thank you for your time" He said with some incomprehensible emotions. I just naively smiled at him without any questions. We dozed off together.

As soon as we landed safely, I pinged my mom assuring her I'm okay. We then reached the hotel alloted for our stay during the two day conference. I starved after we checked in. Everyone were busy with the preparations. They got locked up in their rooms. I felt the urge to feed my stomach which started grumbling.

But the staffs there spoke french which I'm unaware of. They asked me to wait till the manager arrives who took care of our check in process through actions. Vimal came at my rescue fortunately.

He spoke a fluent French explaining everything. He then asked me what I'd like to have. I had no idea. He ordered me Potatoes Dauphinoise which is great. I feared to taste the food initially. But it turned out so well.

"Thank you, my saviour" I mumbled in between my swallowing. He laughed seeing my crazy reaction. His laugh resounded the hall we were in. My heart warmed through his laugh.

He waved his hand before me to gain my attention. "Pooja, can we leave?" He asked.

That's when I realized that I've finished my plate. How did I eat this fast? I scolded myself inside. Still why do I feel the effect of his reactions on me?

______________________________________________

Hey people 😁,

    Hope you like this👍. It's my first try as a long story. Don't forget to check out my other writings.