5. Are we meant to be together

I reached downstairs to have my food. Everyone were chit chatting until my arrival. Anitha run to me when she spotted my presence.

"What took you so long? Situation has not changed. News keeps on alerting regarding floods. So Vimal suggested to shop in the small shops in neighbourhood. Let's hurry up before rain starts" She rushed me.

I sat down and ate my breakfast. I searched for Vimal 's dad.  I only saw him yesterday night during our visit. I wanted to have a talk with him. I wish to break the wall between Vimal and his dad. They both seemed nice. Rain started drizzling the moment we stepped out. Thank god we were prepared to carry umbrellas with us. The moisture in the air smells refreshing. Vimal joined me keeping a distance of few metres. 

There were various shops all over the street. Everyone started purchasing something. I moved inside a clothes store. It was small and comfy. I informed my size and looked for some Kurtis as they were mostly available.  I chose some and paid the owner.

Also I needed few necessary things which I started shopping in nearby stores. I didn't know how time ran fast. But showers of rain halted me inside a shop. Just then I realised that I've left my umbrella in the clothes store. I'll be drenched if I move out now. I noticed Vimal checking for my presence. I tried shouting his name above the sounds of the rain. But he couldn't hear me. So I dialled his number and made a call informing where I was.

He then found me and made fast steps towards me. I joined him in his umbrella. In order to escape the rain, I moved inside the umbrella which decreased the space between us. My body felt shivers when few drops flowed along my sides. He just held me closer through one hand while holding the umbrella with the other one. The spread of warmth made my heart beat faster. I fear if it's gonna get exploded. We ran towards his house which is just next street.

I wished the minutes to extend. But we reached there very soon. He left my side to get me a towel. I missed something. Everyone were there already. Thank god they didn't see my face painted pink through blushing. Everything was new to me. I managed to hide my expression and rushed towards my room.

My mind couldn't process anything. I knew it was naive of me to think too much of an act that was made as a kind gesture. But heart never listens to mind. I spoke with my friend over a call. I explained everything in details.

"My goodness. Pooja, do you love him by any way?" He asked me.

I couldn't answer him. He was my childhood best friend. He never saw me reacting like this to a man whom I've met some three to four days back.

"I don't know" I answered him frankly. I can't confirm myself if this can happen.  At the same time, I can't deny that there's a possibility.

Am I really falling for him?

_____________________________________________
Hey guys ❤️,

Hope you like this 😍. Please do share your views