7. Are we meant to be together

With a heavy heart, I booked a ticket after few hours. I went downstairs to realise that all the other people were ready packed with their stuffs. Everyone asked the same to me. I just informed them about my booking. Vimal was nowhere to be found in the house. I went back to my room to pack things. I informed my parents regarding my arrival. They felt relieved hearing that.

There were few more hours till my departure time. I waited for him to come. But to my surprise, Vimal's dad became sad and gifted me a sapling. He just looked at me affectionately and said, " Take care beta. You are so much alike Savita. I really wish Vimal gets a wife like you. He is so much alone nowadays".

His words carried true affection that touched my heart. I got blessings from him before leaving upstairs. I thought of what I spoke with him few minutes back,

"Uncle, I don't know if I can speak about this. But Vimal needs your love and care. He may look as if he hates you. But he has not yet recovered from the loss just like you. He wants nothing from you other than understanding his feelings. Please have a word with him. Savita ji will never feel happy when she sees her family breaking apart".

His face pained after reminding about the loss. But he was ready to accept his mistake. His inability to show how bad he felt when he couldn't comfort him at the much needed time. I felt relaxed like a huge burden lifted off my shoulders.

There was knock in my door after an hour. I knew who it was. Yet I couldn't speak out. The door slightly opened and he entered inside. I expected him to carry his pain through words. But he hugged me from behind. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I wished the moment to stay long. He was in no mood to separate us. But the sound of popping up message in my mobile made us separate.

He spoke eventually, "I knew you have to live. And I'm not gonna stop you. Your parents may be more worried. But all I have to say is I want to have a beautiful life with you. I want you to be beside me throughout life. I want you to be my better half. Let us hope that we meet again. I want to marry you. But...Its not that easy. I knew. Stay happy and safe until that".

His words were making me weak. I just hugged him back inhaling his presence and filling the same as memories. We stayed in the same position for some time until a knock was heard at my door. Anita informed me about the arrival of the car. I took my things and left the place. Vimal gave me a painting. It was a portrait of a male smiling at the stars. He meant the stars as her.

I took the flight and reached my home. I had lots of questions and concerns to be taken care of. After clarifying and convincing them, I locked myself in my room. The same room that made me feel comfort now looked different. Days passed by with no calls and messages from him. I became disappointed. I expected to talk with him everyday.

Mom and Dad realised a difference in me. I never hid anything from them. And so I told them what happened between us except the hugs. They were unhappy after hearing about us. They feared a lot about the thoughts of others regarding how people will accept us.

After few days of making me wait, he made a video call. I excitedly accepted the call. Vimal and his dad sat together happily. I became so happy for them. We spoke about a lot of things.

Then Vimal gave me a surprise by informing me about his arrival. When I questioned him for the reason, he answered that he wants to meet me. I was eagerly waiting for his arrival. I asked mom to prepare her best dishes. Though she hesitated, she prepared as per my liking.

Do I miss him? YES. Can I leave him? NO.

I felt confused on how to react with him around.
______________________________________________

Hey guys,

Hope you like this story 💙 . Please don't forget to share your views 🙏