3. A familiar face

" I am never going to have lunch with you all ever again," Techno said. " Come on, Techno it doesn't happen every day," Wilbur said chuckling. " Yes, it only happens on weekdays as there is no school during weekends," Ranboo said and everyone starts to burst with laughter except Techno and Ranboo. " It wasn't a joke," Ranboo said. After lunch, they go to their classes.
.
.
.
.

Techno, on the way to his classes, sees a familiar face in the hallway that he hasn't seen in years. He makes his way to the other. " Hey, Zak." He said after a few seconds of hesitation. " T-Techno!!" The said boy shouts and hugs the taller. The taller male chuckles at his friend's behaviour. " Long time no see." He said. Awkwardly hugging his fried back and pulling away after a few seconds. The shorter male teared up. " Don't you say 'Long time no see' to me. You moved away without even saying goodbye to me. And you call yourself my best friend. " The smaller said hurt laced his voice. The taller gave him a small smile. They continued talking for a while and went to their classes.
.
.
.
.

Dream spent his whole day crying whilst Nick was taking care of Dream as he had a fever from crying too much.

--Next day--
.
.
.
.

" So Grian, when are you going to confess your undying love for Mumbo?" Iskall teased Grian. He knew how much his best friend liked their other best friend. On the remind of Mumbo, Grian started blushing. " Hey, wait up for me. " Mumbo shouted coming out from his dorm room. Grian still feeling his face blushing he ran away as quickly as possible. Iskall stood there laughing.

" Why did he ran away? When I told him to wait for me?" Mumbo asked in a sad tone. " Are you sad that your crush left you?" Iskall started teasing Mumbo as well. He knew both of his friends liked each other but didn't dare to tell how they feel. "Come on dude. Stop it already. " Mumbo said slightly blushing. " So you do like him!" Iskall shouted. " Dude, stop it. Anyone can hear us. " Iskall started laughing as it was obvious to everyone but to them it was oblivious. They went to find Grian who was just waiting for them outside the dorms.

" Mumbo, are you sick?" Grian asked Mumbo, placing his hand on Mumbo's forehead to check if he was sick. Mumbo heated up as soon as Grian touched him. " No, I am f-fine." Mumbo managed to say. " I think you should go to the infirmary. " Grian said voice filled with concern for his friend.!?

--Time Skip--

They made their way to the infirmary. " Grian, I am fine. " Mumbo said. He was being dragged by Grian in the infirmary. " No, you are not. You are heating up like crazy. " Grian said opening the door of the infirmary.

Oh, how badly Mumbo wanted to say he was heating because of Grian holding his hand.

Iskall went to his classes because Grian said he would take Mumbo to the infirmary. Iskall did give them both an ear to ear grin when Grian said that. Grian let go of Mumbo's hand and told him to sit on the chair saying he would go and look for the nurse. After five minutes he came back with a nurse following him.

She checked Mumbo's temperature and said he was fine. Maybe it could just have been a fever. She suggested Mumbo to rest for the day instead of going to classes. But he refused to rest and went to his classes Grian following him.

" Are you sure you are fine?" Grian kept asking him on repeat. As he was being ignored by the taller. " I am fine. Grian, I think you should head to your classes. Otherwise, you would be late. " Mumbo said and went towards his class. As they had already missed homeroom.
.
.
.
.

" Dream, we are already late. Homeroom is already over. " Nick shouted to the said male, who was taking a lot of time to get ready to go to his classes. " Nick, I am almost done. " The said boy said. They were still in their dorm room. " And we have a new roommate who will be moving in today. " Nick shouted. They rushed outside the dorms and went to their classes. They said their goodbyes and left for their classes.
.
.
.
.

"Dream, you are late today." The bittersweet voice of the teacher said. " I am sorry, ma'am." Dream apologized. " You may come in and sit." She said. Dream sighed and took his usual seat.

The day went by quick for him. And when lunchtime came by he could feel himself feeling sick. He went to the infirmary. He texted Nick where he is.

_______________________________________
PANDAS🐼
( Dream is Italic and Nick is Italic with the underlying.)

I am feeling sick so I will be in the infirmary.

He waited for an answer and after a minute he heard a 'ding' from his phone. He opened the chat and saw Nick had replied to him.

Ok, text me if you feel worse.
You were sick the whole day yesterday.

Ok, I will :)
And thanks for taking care of me yesterday.

Np

He switched his phone off and rested in the infirmary bed. After some time he felt better so he went to his classes. He didn't pay attention to his classes. He could only focus on his red string looking at it every once in a while. Before he knew it the day was over. He packed his stuff and went to his dorm room. He didn't want to talk to anyone.