hate flying

TW// planes, sort of anxiety attack, cussing

Summary: Tubbo hates flying, but at least Ranboo is there with him. AKA me projecting onto Tubbo

Side note: writing this as we're about to take off. I fucking hate flying 👍

꒰ 🥥 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Tubbo was definitely not a fan of planes.

He's never really flown in planes that much, probably about like two to three times, he can't really remember. He just knows he hates it.

The large amount of speed the plane has to gain at the start to take off always terrified him, and the lift made him sick to the stomach. Not to mention the feeling like his head will fucking explode when the plane is landing. The amount of pressure that's put into his ears always made him want to scream. The anxiety and fear during the whole flight, intrusive thoughts about the plane suddenly going down clouding his mind almost always brought tears to his eyes. Just to summarize it, he hated flying. With a passion.

But, of course if he wanted to go to vidcon, that was held in America, he had to suppress his fears and just..pull through.

He had asked Ranboo one too many times about what it was like for him. They were going to travel for eleven hours after all. The taller's response always stayed the same though.

"It was okay" and "I just kind of slept through it" were his most common answers.

He knew it will be awful, but hey. At least he's not flying alone.

。・:*˚:✧。 .

The woman was showing everyone the instructions on how to tighten or remove the seatbelt, but Tubbo honestly couldn't care less.

As he was way too busy trying to calm himself.

While Ranboo seemed to be paying attention to the instructions, Tubbo tried to focus on his breathing instead.

He knew that the plane was going to be set on the track in a few moments, meaning that soon enough, the plane would have to gain a lot of speed and lift off. One of the worst parts.

As soon as his breathing began to somehow calm down, the plane started moving. His efforts going to waste, Tubbo could feel panic inside of him yet again.

He gripped the armrest tightly and shut his eyes. He almost felt as if he couldn't breathe. When he meant he hated places that were locked, a plane was a perfect example. A flying cabin you could not escape out of unless it was on the ground. But he wouldn't be on the ground for at least eleven hours. Is this what hell felt like?

“Tubbo?”

The brunette turned his head to look at his friend who was observing him with worried eyes.

“Hey..are you doing alright?” He asked, carefully putting his hand on Tubbo's shoulder.

Suddenly, the plane gained a lot of speed. Tubbo quickly shut his eyes, and tried not to think about the seatbelt that uncomfortably pressed against his stomach as well. Tears swelled up in his eyes.

“Hey..hey it's okay.” Ranboo said, but Tubbo could barely hear him.

Ranboo carefully took Tubbo's hand in his own and squeezed it slightly. “Don't worry. It's okay.” Ranboo tried again. This time, Tubbo opened his eyes to look st his best friend. “You're alright.” he said. Then, the plane lifted up, finally taking off.

At this, Tubbo shut his eyes again. He could feel Ranboo rub his hand with his thumb. It was somewhat comforting. No, it didn't make him feel completely okay, but he did feel better.

Soon enough, the plane was in the sky, and Tubbo could see England below him.

“You doing better?”

Tubbo nodded. Thank god at least Ranboo's there.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭

Short. I speedran this in the plane before taking off lmao. I might make it longer once we get back

Fun fact, flying is so very common to me, or at least was since my dad lives in Mexico while I live in Europe. Plane rides are like the only thing I remember from my childhood 😭👍

You've reached the end of published parts.

ā° Last updated: Jul 06, 2021 ā°

Add this story to your Library to get notified about new parts!