THE QUEEN OF PINES

Part four

I check the test papers and mark them on my record book. Mrs Snips will get back to work after her maternity leave and she will be taking the class now. Some of my students doesn't want me to leave and some are being indifferent. Surely I miss them but their real teacher is here and I'm just a temporary teacher. Drew has been silent about the club incident and he doesn't tell anyone, even his best friend Eugene, he seems to be clueless about that. He is being honest for assuring me that he will not tell anybody. To be honest, I feel like I'm the irrational here, that night we had a  fight for telling me to quit my job but I did not cave in to him. I still work at the club, however Seven told me that I will be working in the kitchen for the time being. That bastard! He might told Seven to not let me work as a waitress. I lose the chance to get extra pay from the patrons, they surely gave a huge tip.

I gave him a cold shoulder after that, I didn't talk to him and I didn't stay with him while waiting for Mr. Claus to come and pick him up because I'm so mad. He took off my opportunity to have some extra cash. He didn't even say a word though however there are times that he is giving me a satisfactory smile, he really does enjoy seeing me suffering. Days passed, Drew lose almost his fats, like he is building himself and some girls noticed his charm and handsomeness. They started flirting with him but he just shrugged it off. The power that he holds huh? If I'm like him, I should date those girls too. These teenage phase is where boys howling like wolf due to this pheromones. Maybe he's quite different or does he prefer older women? Oh fuck off! What am I thinking? Am I that horny? I'm settling to a teenager? This is illegal. Anya you should go to jail.

"Anya" those deep voice irritates me, it makes me feel tingling in my stomach. Argh!

"What?" I didn't look at him, I know from the distance he is getting handsome and now I don't know how to act seeing him up close.

"You are working tonight right?"

"Yes" I grit my teeth waiting for him to say about quitting.

"Okay" he then left the room

"Is that it?" I'm surprise, that's all he's saying. Is he planning something? I should be careful then.

*************************************************

The kitchen is so busy and the bar is so crowded, maybe because it's friday, a lot of workers and some college students are taking off some of their stress tonight. The club is well organized, there is a disco bar and on the upper floor are the private rooms, that is meant for monkey business. Only a few can go upstairs for special events. They need to have some reservations and some patrons don't need to be reserved, they are part of the schedules.

I work now at the kitchen and we are all busy, some are having bulk orders and some had add ons. The city is full of people nowadays, since the newly open mall-arena that was owned by Hayheim Real estates Properties. Stella one of our waitress came back full of sweats and her face looks tired. She and Marie are the only ones serving since the other waitress are busy with the patrons upstairs serving. Seven strictly told me to work only in the kitchen, but I can't watch them exhausted like this. There are three trays remaining to be served. I have to help.

"Here let me help you, Stella"

"Oh... There's no need Anya, You are in kitchen duties" She then stood up from her limping position.

"No, you should rest. This is only three left right?"

"Yes. For table three, two and four"

"Okay, I'll do it. Take some rest for a little" I grab my heels and take off my apron. I tied my hair and grab the trays.

***********************************************

"What did I tell you?"

"None of your business" I scrub the plate so hard that I want to hit it on his face. As soon as I serve the trays to the rightful table. The bastard is here sitting on the chair, he set up near the dishwasher and watch me washing the dishes for almost half an hour now.

How does he know that I'm serving the tables? He sure does have a camera installed here? He is very demanding right now and I'm starting to hate it. The dishwashing area are void of people because the bastard order them to place the plates on the counter and let me wash the dishes until my time off. No one knows who he is but Seven told other employees to heed his order.

"I..." He sighs "We will be leaving tonight"

"Oh good"I smile" You will no longer boss me around huh"

"Yeah..." he smiles "I'm studying abroad starting tomorrow"

"What?" why do I feel a sudden ache in my heart.

"Father wants me to pursue doing business, I will have an advance schooling and so..."

"I'm happy that you are reaching your goal" I don't want my emotions control me right now "Education is the greatest gift that a parent can give"

"Then pursue your dream as well" he scratch his head "I heard you want to be a graphic designer right?"

"How?"

"Mrs Snips slips and told me that you are saving for college degree"

I just nod at him. I don't know what else to say, the thought of him leaving and the information he has on me is quite unsettling. I don't want anyone to know that I struggle and only a few knows about the real me. I rather have my own thoughts and dreams and figure them on my own. This kid is being nosy however it was refreshing, the time that he told me to quit the job because it will tire me out, I really appreciate it, he doesn't judge me working in a club nor I'm being poor, he thought about my well being. I will miss him, surely, every time he comes to annoy me make me feel alive and enjoy his company, though he is kind of exhausting.

Drew left the kitchen a few minutes ago and we didn't say any words after telling me that he will leave and stay abroad for a longer time. I don't think my life is colorful now however this is not the end. I have my life on my own, I still need to work so I can help my mom and for my degree as well.

*******************************************

I don't have a memory in going back home but here I am now, in a dream state and watching myself standing in the middle of the forest. The night is hauntingly beautiful with a moon that shines brighter than usual. A snapping of twigs makes me turn around and see the person behind the shadows. Here he is standing, he is taller than me and his face looks mature and his eyes gleaming, like a shining black diamond.

"I never thought that you stand up against me after all the things we did to you"

"You are the first to abandon me" why am I seeing myself talking to him? I feel like I'm peeping someone's conversation.

"You know that I did that in order to save you"

"save me? They are trying to coax the counsel to exexute me!" tears started falling from my eyes "You did nothing, you only stare at me from your throne, your majesty!"

"Why did you join to the Grand Dowager?" he grits his teeth "You know that she is the most dangerous person to bargain for"

"Why would you care?" my other me soon wipes her face and look at him disgustingly "I rather choose the devil to save myself than waiting for someone who doesn't care"

"Anya!" he shouted. The clouds turns dark and loud thunders can be heard. "I don't want you to get tied up"

"It's too late now, Your majesty" she made a painful smile "You have to accept that I'm part of this game"

To be continued....