THE QUEEN OF PINES

part seven 

My whole world is trembling now, I know that I missed him and I missed our banter but I don't expect to see him in this state, why do I always meet him in unconventional way? and why is he here? Does it mean that he is Linda's cousin? No...no it can't be, I know Linda is rich but not this rich rich...He is richer than bill gates in my opinion. He is standing in front me, so luxurious and so handsome than before. His hair is getting longer and his black eyes always captivates me. He is taller than me, probably he is six foot or some. 

" are you trying to seduce me right now?"

"What?!" I remember that I am still on my towel. "Hell no!" I soon open the door and planning to put some clothes now. He grab the door handle and whisper on my ear "You look stunning this way though" 

I hit him on his sheen and close the door as fast as I can. My heart is pounding so fast right now, why is he here? why do I feel elated when he is here? I have a lot of questions in my mind now. First, I have to put some clothes right now. I can't face him yet and his eyes haunts me all the time, I remember him scanning my body a while ago. I feel so heated and I never felt this before, ever since I dated Mark, I don't feel this kind of things before and the way my heart pounded so fast, I feel like I'm going to pass out. 

"Aren't you going to greet your new roommate now Anya?" he knocks the door softly 

"No" I whisper 

"What?"

***********************************************************

He is sitting right in front of me spreading his legs with arms on his knees and he is staring at me as if I am one of his lab rats. He is being silent right now, though I am used to him being silent but not this suffocating silent and the way he is staring at me makes me uncomfortable. 

"How are you" he shifts his sitting and laid his back on the couch "It's been a long time now, are you still working in the club?"

"well--"

"Don't tell me you didn't quit? he furrow his eyebrows and his eyes is so intense "I told you to quit that job, Anya" the way he rolls my name is so sexy and intense. "I told Seven to take care of you, although I didn't ask him about your doings at the club because I understand your privacy" 

"Stop treating me like I am younger than you" wow, nice comeback Anya, that's so lame. I hate it when I act like immature when talking to him even though he has the point though. 

"Stop brining up the age right now Anya" he chuckles "what a mature response" 

"Oh really?" I really get pissed off with his smug face right now. My stomach grumbling and now I remember my dinner! I stood up and walk to our kitchen and grab my mac and cheese, now it's cold and I have no time to preheat it again, I'm so hungry. 

"Is that what you're eating  now?"

"Stop nagging me for not eating healthy right now" I take a spoonful of mac and cheese "I'm hungry" 

" Stop eating those" he look at my food disgustingly "I ordered some Chinese takeout's" 

The door bell rings and he soon take the food from the delivery guy. He place the food on the table and open the container, the smell of fried dumplings and steam rice makes me salivate. Mac and cheese doesn't appeal my tastebud, all I'm thinking is the taste of fried dumplings but I can't let him know that I like his food more. He notice me staring at his food and he laugh at me. 

"Here" he place the fried dumpling and steam rice on my side "I order this seeing that you preheat this food" he grabs my mac and cheese and throw them on our bin. 

"Hey!" 

"Stop complaining and eat" he then take his sit on the other side of the table and grab the other fried dumpling and eats them with chopsticks. 

"You are Linda's cousin?"

"Yes"

"Linda doesn't talk much about you though except now"

"We don't talk much about our relationship to other people"

"Oh...Okay" 

"Her father made a huge mistake and angers the elders of the family" he drink his soda "My father somewhat help her father to recover their stocks and now they own a few business" 

"Sometimes I don't understand rich people dynamics when it comes to relationships" I mumble and continue eating my dumplings. 

******************************************************************

Linda just got home drunk while holding her purse as she  stumble getting inside, Drew help her by  taking off her heels and she keeps on laughing like something is funny. 

"Oh my cousin is here" she slurred "Ah! Anya" she then embrace me and she stinks alcohol like I want to vomit "Do you know who I stumble with?" 

"Who?"

"That bitch Selena" She scratch her head " she's saying shits like Mark is breaking up with you because you are prude" 

"Who's Mark" Drew pipe in to our conversation 

"Mark? the bastard who is Anya's ex who always portray to be the nice guy but he is a devil inside" she then growl "That guy even spread rumors of her being a seductress and left him once she got over him, the nerve of that guy!"

"Anya" he calls me with his deep voice "You have some things to tell me about this  tomorrow" He then grab Linda from my arm and usher her to her room. 

I left standing alone in the kitchen room like an idiot and  feel being clueless as to what happen and my head is empty for logical response. Things run so fast that I don't even know what the hell I did that pissed him like that, and the way he looks so mad right now, although he doesn't look at me in disgusting way or even pity me, he seems to be mad at Mark. How is that even possible to get mad to a person you don't meet yet? I feel like a woman who betrays her lover or am I being delusional and he is just mad that I am being stupid? 

To be Continued......