THE QUEEN OF PINES

Part six 

 Five years later

"Anya please help me with the new advertisement logo" Meru, our head supervisor is begging me again to help him in his new project. This man doesn't quit on pestering me right now, he is somewhat abusive when it comes to asking favors but I can't help but to assist him with it. I can't bear to see him loose face when proposing his new design empty handed, it might affect the company's reputation. I give him the copy of my own design and he thank me after. Glad that he left, he is too noisy and I want peace in doing my job. 

"Anya" my co worker Andy came in with ice coffee in his hand "I knew that you like ice coffee so I brought you one" he then place the coffee on my table. Seeing the coffee drips from the lid and dirtied my table, I grab my tissue and wipe them and place the coffee cup on top of my tissue. I don't like seeing dirty stain on my desk. 

"Thank you Andy"

"Meru is being energetic right now and he keeps on telling me to thank you" 

"He is asking another sample for advertisement logo"

"Oh...He is being lazy again though he never takes credit and praise you always" he then smile at me "I heard there is a new barbecue stall opens around the corner, want to grab something to eat?"

"That would be cool" Linda came in as she hand me over some reports from their meeting. As we graduated, Linda commits to go whichever company I choose. I knew that she is capable to go to a bigger company for she has connection and she comes from a wealthy family, she can manage their firm if she wants to but she decline that and apply here at Sunnyside Advertising Graphic Center. 

"I heard they give free extra pork for grilling too" 

Linda and Andy talks about food and agree to go to that new barbecue house. I don't have a say in this matter, they always drag me wherever they go and I'm cool with that. The shift ends and my bag is with Linda now, she is thinking that I might ditch her but I also want to go there too. I love barbecues. I walk down the stairs and watch them waiting for me like dogs waiting for their owner to go with them for a walk. It's funny to see. 

*******************************************************************

"Anya, my cousin will be staying here for the mean time" Linda shouted as she was drying her hair with the blow dryer. We are staying in a small but nice apartment in the city and we share the expenses. We have an extra room at far right from the kitchen area, so maybe it's okay? as long as he is not being an asshole and mind his own business , that will be okay for me. I can't say no to Linda, this is the first time she asking a favor to let her cousin stay here and she is helping him to settle down first. 

"Okay" 

I grab my phone from the living room and walk towards my bedroom. I lay on my bed and close my eyes. It's been so long the last time I saw and talk to Drew, I wonder what he is doing right now. Is he getting handsome or getting manly? he lose weight the last time I saw him and he is more charismatic. I don't have any communication with him and I'm too shy to ask Seven for his number, they have been suspicious about the kitchen incident. Even though Seven didn't ask, it shows on his face that he is interested to know but doesn't want to over go the boundaries. I missed them too, Seven, Lucy, Rosie and all of them from the club, I soon quit my job when I landed this job in Central City. They though understand the travel time and the expense and they also know that I am still paying for my mother's hospital bill. Mom did not progress well, she has been in a coma for almost ten years now and they told me to stop the life support. I understand the Doctor's sentiment, he is being caring towards me and telling me that it is not healthy to work two jobs and studying. 

It really breaks my heart thinking of letting my mother go, she is the only person who help me when I was a kid and she encourage me to reach my dream. Mom is terminally ill before and it got worse when my father left us without saying goodbye. It took toll on her health and I don't hate my father, he is not exist in my world and I soon let go of my feelings to him. He does not worth my thoughts and my feelings. 

********************************************************

Linda is going out with her friends and told me it's okay to lock the door since her cousin has her apartment key.  I grab some pre-heated meals from the fridge and pop them in the microwave oven. I turn on the television though I am not into watching videos but it seems so quiet inside the house with no Linda at home, she's like an energizer bunny all the time and the house is full of noises. I leave my food to heat and walk to our shared bathroom, I need to take a bath before her cousin coming here so that I will no longer  go out and meet and do some small talks. 

The water is so loud that I couldn't hear the door open. I soon grab my towel and my face lost it's blood when I remember that I didn't bring my clothes with me. I open the door a little and try to see if her cousin is in the living room, but he is out of sight, maybe he went straight down his room? Oh I hope that he is in his room, it would be awkward seeing him in my state of clothing right now and the thing that made me worry , is his first impression, he might thought that I am doing this on purpose to seduce him. That is not my forte!

It's been three minutes pass now and I think he is nowhere near. I open the door and rush towards my bedroom, as soon as I open my door, I heard soft footsteps behind me and a shadow towering. 

"I didn't expect that I am seeing this right now" deep voice tingles my inside. This only happens when Drew is talking and why is this man making me feel right now? I look behind me and move my chin up, for he is taller than me and all I can see is his chest. I can see him clearly now, Black eyes staring at me and those black hair is quite longer now, it covers a little bit on his eyes. 

"We always meet in unexpected ways, Anya" he smirks

God! It's him! Drew! this bastard is back and for sure he plans something sinister right now! Please ground swallow me whole right now. 

To be Continued...